Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year has gone

Hello Everyone,

Today is my one year Bandiversary and what a year it has been? I have lost 50 pounds and lost my husband all in the same time frame? <sigh> I miss him but to tell you the truth I think this was the best for both of us. I am happy I have lost what I have and I did all that in the first six months. But after that its been a very slow going. I need to get a fill and need to focus on my health again. I am motivated to do this and will start soon. Cant think of any NSv's right now but will think about it and maybe post back. I am off to bed! Good night!

Angie

Guest myband

Hi Angie,

I lost all my weight in the first 6 months and nothing since.

Have lost alittle focus in the exercise and making good food choices, but have never put on. I can eat pretty well anything and want to keep it that way. Have restriction to the amount of food, but I have been making bad choices. Habit I will have to break before I can move on to start loosing again.

Sorry to hear about hubby, hope all goes well for you. Sometimes it takes time and then one moves on and never looks back.

Congratulations on getting halfway to goal and Happy Anniversary. You should like you're ready to move forward and continue with your losing streak after a difficult year. Best of luck to you.

Happy Bandiversary Angie! Hang in there lady; you can do this ... all of it! You have phone numbers if you ever want to talk! We love you!

Angie you are doing great, and I have no doubt that you will soon be back on track and waving from the finish line! You have had a rough year, with hubby and the gall bladder, but look at you...regardless of that you are still 50lbs lighter!!!! You rock!

Well, you have proven to be a very strong woman.. 50lbs and dealing with the rest of life's issues! I know you can do it!

Congratulations Happy Bandiversary and Great Job on the lifestyle changes.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :)

Look at your before pictures and look at you now. I'm sure you will find your NSV's.

Here is a June post you wrote.

New NSV for ME!

I about messed my britches a little while ago when I fit in my Mom's size 12 pants! I was able to snap and zip!!!! OMG, I am the happiest thing on this earth right now. I told my mom the other night that I wanted to be in a 12 by this time and low and behold what happened??? My Mom said "Angie you look smaller than me lets try on these pants." I tried them on and they fit. I jumped like tigger all throughout the house I was sooo happy!!!!! This lapband has done wonders for my spirit and my happiness. I was so unhappy and so unhealthy the way that I was. Life is looking up girls!! WOOT!

Thanks everyone! I so appreciate everyone. Teresita that was awesome. That really up lifted me again! Thank you everone!!

Angie

Awww bondgirl, just think about where you were and how far you have come. Come on a size 12.....I would be running around with all my extra fat flapping....Keep your head up and be proud of what you have done.

Drink your Water, count your calories, eat your veggies and move your body. It is summer time, get our there and enjoy it.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: YEAH ANGIE:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bondgirl, you can do it!!! I know that you have it in you...I know divorce and seperations play alot of wild games with your head and self esteem from 1st hand experience...If the marriage was bad wasnt your loss actually about 275-300 lbs??? Husband + your 50??? You will come out of all this a much stronger person!!! Hold your head up high

Angie, I PM'd you. I don't have firm plans this weekend and am staying around, so give me a call. I'm sure we can figure out something about 1/2 way between our locations!

Like everyone else has said, be proud of how far you've come. You'll get it back.

Angie -

Congrats on the 1 year. THe beautiful thing, your still able to work with this. 50lbs gone for ever. You can get your fills and back on track. Our bodies are amazing machines. I hope you find some comfort soon.

Two years ago my husband lost his job and approx 80lbs, things were very bad for us, now it's much better. He's found a career he loves and has maintained his weight loss.

I am finding it hard to adhere to the 'rules', my body keeps changing.

My next strategy is to begin writing down what i'm eating and counting my Proteins. I will let you know how this works for me. I also plan on tracking how I feel mood wise along with what i eat.

You will be fine, as long as you have love and your family, you can conquer anything. I have give you some names if you need a pro.

I started with a therapist when my mom died in 2003. Now, I'm working with my wls/self image issues with the therapist. It's almost better then the hair dresser because no one else can hear what goes on and they are there just for you. I cannot beleive I just typed this.

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer! I agree with what you said. I am seeing a therapist and it is helping. I was on wellbutrin but it made me not have any emotions. So it's been a tough battle but I am making it through. Life changes and sometimes its for the best and I will have to work through it the best I can and know how.

I need to try and journal all my things too I think it may help. I am just not an organized person and just don't keep track with things like that. That is one of my downfalls I need to work on. It will come in time with patience and practice. Thanks for your kind words!

Angie

Angie,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to you 1 yr anniversary. Congratulations!! You have done wondrful. I love the size 12 story. You should be very proud of yourself.

Big hugs