Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - July 2006

Hi everyone,

Since I've been home it's a week today, down 19 pounds in 3 weeks and 7 1/2 pounds since surgery. I bought the expensive W.W. digital scale and everyday it's down about 1.2 - 1.4 pounds. My question is since today we can do puddings would you do puddings or stay a few more days on the liquid to keep up the weight loss. I'm getting about 300 to 400 calories a day and I know when I step it up it will stop. Just wanted an experienced bandster's feelings on this.

Should get laptop today it has shipped, I sure miss talking to everyone.

Hi Telly, looking goooooooooodddddddddddddd.

I'm getting about 300 to 400 calories a day and I know when I step it up it will stop.

It won't stop but it might slow down a bit, which is a good thing. Your goal should be 2 pounds a week. 300-400 calories a day is unhealthy and there's no way you can be getting in the right amount of Protein, which is essential for good healing, fighting infection and maintaining muscle mass. At this stage you should be shooting for 600-800 and then moving up to 800-1,000 calories per day with a min of 60g of protein.

Sherri, do the pudding. And really try to up the calories. You need to be in the 600-800 range like pnut said. This will get you in a safe Protein level. just take it slow. I have been doing pudding, ricotta cheese, and refried Beans (extra smashed lol) with sour cream. This is not the time for losing...it is the time for healing. Good job on the loss so far though!! that is awesome!

EmileeKaye, TriciaK, Funnyduddies, MoOrLess,

You guys make me happiest today.

Thank you for being here for me. Everyone in this club that is. I am going through a bit of self-ism right now. It's all overwhelming, this whole weight loss thing. With every pound gone..some part of me leaves too. I can't begin to explain it.

Just glad to have real online friends

MysHerr....

Below 800 calories per day is considered starvation. I realize you are drinking most of your calories right now because you have to and frankly, trying to get in anything more than 600 calories through liquids is really hard to do. (I stayed on liquids for 5 ).

However, once a body feels it's starving, it will begin to store. I know that you cannot do too much strenuous work or exercise but keep on moving and as Funny said, this is not a time to focus on weight loss but a time to heal and recover.

I always like to give this imagery, some of you have read it numerous times already but here it is again:

Your body is a constantly working machine, constantly needing fuel. In order to burn, you need fuel right? If you take in 400 calories per day, your fuel burning/calorie burning (metabolism) will slow to turtle speed. You HAVE to get in those calories so your body does not think it's starving. You have to correct your metabolism by eating right and getting in your minimum calories per day as well as exert. What you take in, you should burn it out. In order to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume.

Treat your body as a Train. Trains need coal to run.

When you begin to exercise, you will eat more because your body demands it. That is what I am struggling with now. I work out every single day now..(don't remember my last day off). I am always hungry. I eat/drink 6 meals a day. I am eating meat and drinking shakes every 2 hours, no lie! I'm still dropping weight in spurts with an occaisonal stall. Your body will need to adjust as you progress. But remember.. with eating and exercise, you'll drop the weight.

I know you know this already. Just wanted to re-review or summarize what you already knew.

OOH Funny, careful on the refried Beans. There's like 800 mg of sodium per cup of the beans and can really make you retain Water. LOTS!

Thanks Telly, Photo and Amy,

I'm not purposely getting in that low of calories it's like you said on liquids it is almost impossible. I will try the puddings and stuff tonight but I'm petrified of that pb'ing. I mean I sit and worry about it. Did you guys feel your port right off. Mine just seems so close to the surface but I still have some swelling. I'm just a worrywart I know, everyone has done told me that once. LOL

I'm walking about 1 mile a day and trying to up it but it has hit 100 everyday since I have been home. Time to get on the treadmill I guess because it will be cooler I had just rather be outside.

Thanks for your help,

Love you guys,

WOOHOO! 22 mins and this fat lady just did a MILE! I havent walked a mile since I was 30! w00t!

*falls over dead*

*grabs the nose salt and a mirror*

Oh ...she's just playing possum yall!

Hey Sherri, Are you drinking Protein Shakes? (lordy, I can hardly type LOL)

I'll give you my recipe for one that has tons of calories and Protein. Not something you want to keep up once you move on to higher calorie solid foods. I'll add the recipe to this post once I find it.

*snorts a laugh up at Telly*

High protein/high calorie shake for liquid phase:

8oz skim milk - 90 cal, 9g protein

1 scoop strawberry whey Protein - 120 cal, 23g prot.

1 can Slim Fast vanilla - 180 cal, 10g prot.

1/2 banana - 50 cal 0g prot

1 tsp Splenda - nuttin honey :D

Total for entire drink - 440 calories, 42g protein

Blend skim milk, whey protein, banana and splenda together. Then stir in Slim Fast. For a variety, use different flavors of whey protein and Slim Fasts, and add different fruits.

Bean with Bacon Soup (blended until thick and creamy) is awesome for calories and is filling. Also has protein, but not a complete protein as it is from a veggie.

ok pnut, that was fun! although i am ready for a nap now. i think i did 25 minutes total. and half of that the kids did with me.

Telly, I have fat free, low sodium refried Beans. And drinking tons of Water. I know the other beans have massive amounts of sodium. yuck.

P'Nut, what's the carb count on that stuff ???

Here is a new website I found. It should help with calorie counting. http://www.calorie-count.com/