Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - July 2006

Yeah.. I'm just concerned. The whole idea of waiting 2 weeks or more, (I waited 5 weeks) was so that your port stitches have time to take...

I'm sure your doc told you what to do.

When I asked Dr. Rumbaut if I could eat mushies after 2 weeks, he told me it's not really a good idea. He told me to wait as long as I could, 4 weeks preferrably b/c that is roughly the time it takes for the stitches to work and the scarring to complete. He said eating anything too heavy prior to 3 -4 weeks is risky in his eyes.

It varies from doc to doc (although there should be a single standard)

Mine did 2 weeks pure liquids, the 2 thicker liquids, then 2 mushies, then gradually working back into solid foods.

I've heard of some docs having folks back on solids within a week.

As long as you follow your docs orders, and follow up with them, then the program will work.

Yeah, there should be a single standard set forth by Inamed. Is there one they recommend the docs use?

Telly's a hottie!

Stop that! I don't wanna be a hottie :)

I want to be the drill Sargeant that yells and screams at you and kicks your ass. I want to be referred to as.. "Ass Kicker" yeah...that's the ticket!

Sweetie...I hate to tell you but you are *HOT*. THose arms are ROCKIN!!! You just look FAB!!

Lovin the pics!

Sherri, glad you made it home safe and are LOSIN!! YOU GO GIRL!

Amy, YIPPEE!!! You are home!!!!!!!!!

I'm the same weight here. Up and down the same 2lbs. I will try liquids for a few days... Have a few shakes, then Soups from Panera.. maybe sneak in a salad but that's it. Dannon light yogurt drinks, fat free pudding.< /p>

I finally got the scale to move!! Wahoo! I lost 3 lbs this week!!!

H260/J208/G170/C196(-64)

Gotta share something I've been doing. Besides getting my head back in gear, I've been drinking some really good Protein Shakes for Breakfast & I sware they taste like a real ice cream shake! Even my husband couldn't believe how good they were.

I bought some Spiru-tein shakes at our local Health food Store. (I shop at Sprouts, Henry's or Sunflower here in AZ.) The shakes come in over 30 flavors. My favorite is chocolate-peanut butter, caramel, Cookies & cream & pina colada. They have 14 g. of Protein & are full of all kinds of Vitamins & healthy stuff. I started adding in vanilla Flavored Soy Slender Milk. It's Soy Milk that has no sugar in it. I have never had Soy milk in my life, so this was a first for me. The Soy milk adds in 6 more grams of protein! And, it makes the shake very creamy! I then add in a banana & ice. I mix it in my blender & WOW!! It is a real treat. :)

Here's the full recipe:

Diane's Yummy breakfast shake

1/2 cup crushed ice

1 cup Vanilla flavored Soy Slender Soymilk

1/2 banana (don't add if your watching carbs)

1 scoop of any flavor Spiru-tein

235 calories 21 g protein

180 calories 20 g. protein (without banana)

Never tried Soy milk.

I usually use Hood CarbCountdown Milk (skim). Has more Protein than regular milk (I think like 20 grams) and the lactose (milk sugar) has been removed and replaced with protein and splenda.

I'd like to try those shakes though. Wonder if I can find them in VA?

BTW, Great job on getting the scale to move. Can you make mine do it too? Hasn't done it in a couple weeks.

LOL, I'm drinking Spiru-tein chocolate right now. It is damn good. Soy Protein, but really tasty!

You go DianeChef... I'm happy for you!

Glad to see you back Funny and Sherry, and congrats on YOUR surgery too Ericsmom -- I saw that - you were banded too! And welcome to the club! There will be lots of weight loss this next month!

Can I change my stats to reflect yesterday's weight instead??

LOL no, but you can add it to this weeks weight loss :)

Ok, stats are updated. Sorry that took so long.

Jan.barnett - welcome to the GFG club hon! Can you please give me your stats and such? I have added you to the board, but only with the info given in your sig line. Thanks!!

Pnut - Got a gallon of wine left for me? I need something to put me to sleep. LOL Good job on the marginal gain with all that boozing. Trust me...it is a good job that you did. whenever I go one a binge, I add 10 rather than 2. LOL

HeatherGurl - I am sorry you are stuggling hon. Just focus and stay strong. You are my inspiration. :mad: And you are still the top loser in this club!! WOOHOO

Lins - you are just adorable!! You are so pretty, and your pics really bring across your personality. I am so happy to know you.

Kathy - Hey girl!!! How are ya? :) I was thinking about you the other day. For some reason you just kept popping into my head in Mexico. Hugs

Cheri - I am sorry you feel like you are struggling. But hon...I just did your update, and you have lost 62 pounds overall!! That is huge!! Chin up, switch to the smoothies instead of the milkshakes, and eat more Protein when you are not travelling. You will continue to lose.

AndyLiz - Glad you are making the Soup work for you. isn't it good??

Leila - you put that your total loss is only 11.5 pounds, but that is from your surgery date. do not discount the weight you lost before that hon!! I adjusted your total.

Dianechef - WOOOHOOO get that scale moving!! I will get your stats updated now. (don't tell tricia i'm letting you in this late, she'll sic telly on me LOL)

Those shakes sound good. Can't wait till I can drink them. Then I will try it out. I love adding banana to smoothies and shakes. It adds a rich flavor, and lots of "fill" and substance to the shake. If you freeze the banana (peeled first) and then add it you can add less ice and it makes the shake thicker. Try it, you might like it. :)

Love you all. Good job losers and maintainers. And you gainers...I am one of them. Just a little bump in the road. Lets make next week a losing week. A little bit of walking does a lot.