Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

to not have to sit in the phlebotomists chair for 10 minutes because they cant find a vein in my fat arm (just had this happen to me the other day)

to wear an ankle Bracelet without an extender

to get into a booth at a restaurant in one fell swoop, rather than having to push my self all the way back so I dont get wedged in between the table and bench

to wear a pair of stylish boots that can fit over my calves

to wear some little panties that dont disappear into all my folds of flesh (the "g" in g-string stands for "gone")

to wear my shirt tucked into my slacks with a belt and not look like the Michelen man

Take full body photos, not just headshots

To wear some color. The majority of my clothes are black and brown and grey.

My favorite - I cant wait to finally play that carnival/amusement park game where the man tries to guess your weight. I used to steer clear of that one!

Hey! I'm new to this forum and recently found out the VSG is the best option for me.. I'm so glad I found this topic because I think it's just what I need to make it through the next 4 months of my 6 month supervised diet.. My 12 things are:

1. I look forward to my outside matching my inside!!

2. Lots of rides at theme parks!! (I'm doing Disney and Great America as soon as I can!)

3. Visiting each of my siblings w/o fear of flying and of sleeping in their guest beds.

4. Not hearing kids say "Look at the pretty fat lady"

5. Shopping at the upscale shops on Michigan Ave.

6. Walking for extended periods of time w/o back pain (my weight aggravates a previous back injury)

7. Having my loved ones see how much I needed this surgery!!!

8. Traveling to Puerto Rico and Hawaii w/o cringing at the thought of wearing a bathing suit

9. Having people compliment me on more than my hair and clothing.. I wanna hear nice arms, nice shape.. LOL

10. Helping my other obese friends feel comfortable choosing the BEST option for them to live long and healthy lives

11. Running a marathon and not wanting to die during the first mile!

12. Having a wedding day where I'm not the "FAT Bride"...