Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss has been a terrible monster in my life. You see, I started at the tender age of 3 months at 25 pounds. I went through the cutesy, cuddly stages of infancy, struggled through school and high school with diets, pills, doctors, support group meetings, and the socalled programs offering nutrition and guaranteed weightloss in a snap!!! WRONG!!! Then there was college--I would see guys I liked, but they were not "right" for me. I was sooo embarrassed by my size, and the impression left in the workplace is still haunting me to this day. The stresses of growing up, trying to live a decent life with some pleasures and hobbies have been really challenging. When I got married and divorced, I also experienced terribly low esteem. I did drown myself in college education, worked some within my profession, but not really achieving the maximum I wanted. I am a closet eater. The stresses of maturing, and growing personally, physically, and spiritually, too, caused some big health problems: high blood pressure and longterm GI problems, and later, nutritional deficiencies and joint pain. By the time I hit 47, my weight shot up to 264 preop for RNY that I had in June of 2001. I lost 85 pounds initially, maintained it for about 3 years, then gradually progressed into regained weight, which again ricocheted the initial efforts both physically and emotionally--I also added asthma and severe drug allergies to blood pressure medications, in addition to anemia. The regained weight has been a terrible mental blow, and for 4 years when my surgeon said revision would be necessary to counter any regained weight and the gastric bypass was stretched at least 80%. Of course, any medical treatment is expensive, and in stressed economic times, funds for doing anything to treat this problem requires insurance coverage. I fought some pessimistic doctors, family, and adversity to finally get approval for revision surgery to my RNY this past week--I will be going to surgery very soon. I want to give back what I take in the way of weightloss interventions in some way--either through orientation facilitation, educator, or nutrition counselor. Stay tuned!!

Finally, what I really want to say is that you have to stand your ground when seeking treatment for weightloss through surgery. Never give up your cause!! It also helps to do your homework on procedures, treatment schedules, and VITAL support system--surgeons and clinics, too. I love this site!! Thank you all for your time in contributing your experiences here. RSR53

Weight Loss has been a terrible monster in my life. You see, I started at the tender age of 3 months at 25 pounds. I went through the cutesy, cuddly stages of infancy, struggled through school and high school with diets, pills, doctors, support group meetings, and the socalled programs offering nutrition and guaranteed weightloss in a snap!!! WRONG!!! Then there was college--I would see guys I liked, but they were not "right" for me. I was sooo embarrassed by my size, and the impression left in the workplace is still haunting me to this day. The stresses of growing up, trying to live a decent life with some pleasures and hobbies have been really challenging. When I got married and divorced, I also experienced terribly low esteem. I did drown myself in college education, worked some within my profession, but not really achieving the maximum I wanted. I am a closet eater. The stresses of maturing, and growing personally, physically, and spiritually, too, caused some big health problems: high blood pressure and longterm GI problems, and later, nutritional deficiencies and joint pain. By the time I hit 47, my weight shot up to 264 preop for RNY that I had in June of 2001. I lost 85 pounds initially, maintained it for about 3 years, then gradually progressed into regained weight, which again ricocheted the initial efforts both physically and emotionally--I also added asthma and severe drug allergies to blood pressure medications, in addition to anemia. The regained weight has been a terrible mental blow, and for 4 years when my surgeon said revision would be necessary to counter any regained weight and the gastric bypass was stretched at least 80%. Of course, any medical treatment is expensive, and in stressed economic times, funds for doing anything to treat this problem requires insurance coverage. I fought some pessimistic doctors, family, and adversity to finally get approval for revision surgery to my RNY this past week--I will be going to surgery very soon. I want to give back what I take in the way of weightloss interventions in some way--either through orientation facilitation, educator, or nutrition counselor. Stay tuned!!

Finally, what I really want to say is that you have to stand your ground when seeking treatment for weightloss through surgery. Never give up your cause!! It also helps to do your homework on procedures, treatment schedules, and VITAL support system--surgeons and clinics, too. I love this site!! Thank you all for your time in contributing your experiences here. RSR53

Very good story!