Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well this Pre-op hell has come to an end for me. After seeing so many doctors for some many thing to get my clearance for my WLS has die with the Neuro doctor. Right now the only things that works in my body is my heart and mind. If you can count a broken heart a problem then the only thing is mind. This journey ends here I thought I was doing the right thing for my health but I have failed. I now need to learn to live with all my illness and problems they bring on. So at my young age of 40, have to prepare myself for living with lost of sight, ability to walk and the yo-yo weight. The lesson I learn is I am a ticking time bomb and no matter how many doctors I see or how many pills they give me to take they are going to always find something wrong. Because treatments work for a limit time and they have to try some thing new and some times the treatments give me a secondary problem. So for now I won’t be getting the surgery any time soon. Praying for a miracle to happen.

So they won't give you clearance for surgery? So sorry to hear this, but don't give up, cuz you are fighting for your life!! I've been trying to get surgery for 7 yrs now. I am scheduled for 5/16. It took a long time but I learned a lot and feel prepared for the changes that the sleeve will bring. Good luck!!

Kelly

Lilu, wow I'm so very saddened to hear of your struggles... I am wishing you a good outcome to all of this. Keep and stay strong, hugs!!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers but right now I am doing alot of crying and not able to explain why. I was so close to finding a cure to my diabetes. I will continue to diet and prayer. And wishes everyone to get their surgery and that they never have to reach my outcome. I should make my middle name neverforme. LOL

Cry for a little while and then start back in trying to be able to have the surgery. MANY have had to jump through tons of hoops to finally get the sleeve. Hang in there----a boatload of people right here are pulling for you!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers but right now I am doing alot of crying and not able to explain why. I was so close to finding a cure to my diabetes. I will continue to diet and prayer. And wishes everyone to get their surgery and that they never have to reach my outcome. I should make my middle name neverforme. LOL

This broke my heart because I know the drill all too well. I'm your sister, everyonebutme. In this case, I eventually got sleeved but like many here it was not quick or easy. And now that it's done, it's still not quick or easy. But the interesting thing is that I am willing to put up with a lot of what would have driven others down because for once I am getting what I wanted.

Hang in there. I'm not sure I understand the energy of this universe or why things play out the way they do, but after you grieve this disappointment, get up and start swinging again. Really, we have no other choice.

Oh wow, I am so sorry. Please keep your spirits up! Something will come up for you.

This broke my heart because I know the drill all too well. I'm your sister, everyonebutme. In this case, I eventually got sleeved but like many here it was not quick or easy. And now that it's done, it's still not quick or easy. But the interesting thing is that I am willing to put up with a lot of what would have driven others down because for once I am getting what I wanted.

Hang in there. I'm not sure I understand the energy of this universe or why things play out the way they do, but after you grieve this disappointment, get up and start swinging again. Really, we have no other choice.

Thank You alot having people understand why I am crying and sad really helps me.

Update

I was called by the Neuro doctor and was told I need to see the Strokes spec. It shows the I have had some narrowing in my carotid artery in the brain and that is why She could not give me the clearence. So now that I understand what is going on I am going to work on fixing this first before I have my surgery. The Stroke spec told me that he want me to come in to start treatment and he will give me my clearence in two months after treatment has start and it has improved it self so lets wait two more month.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers. I also want to thank god for good bedside manors of my Doctors.

I will not get my hopes up high but I will cry less because of this blessing I was granted

I am holding on and will not let go

Oh wow, I am so sorry. Please keep your spirits up! Something will come up for you.

Yes these words from you mouth to gods ear. Thank you

So sorry to hear of your troubles. I had to pay for my surgery because insurance would not cover it. You can still work on your weight on your own. I was sleeved on 3/17/11 and this has not been an easy road. I still have to be disciplined in what I eat, how I eat, and how much I eat. The sleeve limits the amount I can take in at one time and it makes me throw up if I overeat or if I eat too fast. I have found eating too fast is a major problem for me. I have thrown up more in the past few weeks than I think I have my entire life. I say all of this just to let you know that even the sleeve is not an easy way out. I also struggle each day with the mental aspect of knowing there are certain foods that I can no longer eat or enjoy. I will never again get to have that feeling of being so stuffed I can hardly move. That feeling used to give me some type of satisfaction and now I feel like I will never be satisfied from food again. On Feb 25th I went to my Dr for my last post op appt. I weighed 375 lbs that day. I was put on a pre surgery diet which consisted of three slimfast shakes per day and one cup of steamed veggies. It was pure hell, but on the day of surgery I weighed 353 lbs. I was able to lose 27 lbs in that couple weeks on that diet and I will confess I cheated twice. Today I am at 324 lbs. I kick myself every day thinking I wish I would have stuck with the slimfast diet and tried to get my weight off without the surgery. I doubt I could have stayed true to my diet and then I think I may have done the right thing by having it. What I have learned though is it is all mental when it comes to food. Some people call it will power, but I think when we yo yo diet, and when we slip up we beat ourselves up over it and then throw in the towel. I would encourage you to find a diet you can handle and that works for you. When you slip up and eat something you shouldn't don't get discouraged but get right back to it. The main point I am making is the sleeve isn't an easy road just as a regular diet is no easy road. We have to battle to eat the right foods, fight the urge to over eat, fight the urge to eat just because we are bored, or because we are stressed. As my Doctor said to me, the sleeve is not a sprint race but a marathon, just like a diet which is basically a lifestyle change. In closing I want to share a couple verses which I found helped me before surgery. I can do all things in Christ which strengthens me and Greater is He that is in me than he that it is in world. I would repeat those over and over again when felt like I wanted to stop and get a hamburger or a box of chicken or whatever else I was craving at the time. If you will lean of God and know He can and will get you through this, I promise He will lift you up. Keep the faith and stay strong because you can do all things in Christ Jesus!!!! God Bless

So sorry to hear of your troubles. I had to pay for my surgery because insurance would not cover it. You can still work on your weight on your own. I was sleeved on 3/17/11 and this has not been an easy road. I still have to be disciplined in what I eat, how I eat, and how much I eat. The sleeve limits the amount I can take in at one time and it makes me throw up if I overeat or if I eat too fast. I have found eating too fast is a major problem for me. I have thrown up more in the past few weeks than I think I have my entire life. I say all of this just to let you know that even the sleeve is not an easy way out. I also struggle each day with the mental aspect of knowing there are certain foods that I can no longer eat or enjoy. I will never again get to have that feeling of being so stuffed I can hardly move. That feeling used to give me some type of satisfaction and now I feel like I will never be satisfied from food again. On Feb 25th I went to my Dr for my last post op appt. I weighed 375 lbs that day. I was put on a pre surgery diet which consisted of three slimfast shakes per day and one cup of steamed veggies. It was pure hell, but on the day of surgery I weighed 353 lbs. I was able to lose 27 lbs in that couple weeks on that diet and I will confess I cheated twice. Today I am at 324 lbs. I kick myself every day thinking I wish I would have stuck with the slimfast diet and tried to get my weight off without the surgery. I doubt I could have stayed true to my diet and then I think I may have done the right thing by having it. What I have learned though is it is all mental when it comes to food. Some people call it will power, but I think when we yo yo diet, and when we slip up we beat ourselves up over it and then throw in the towel. I would encourage you to find a diet you can handle and that works for you. When you slip up and eat something you shouldn't don't get discouraged but get right back to it. The main point I am making is the sleeve isn't an easy road just as a regular diet is no easy road. We have to battle to eat the right foods, fight the urge to over eat, fight the urge to eat just because we are bored, or because we are stressed. As my Doctor said to me, the sleeve is not a sprint race but a marathon, just like a diet which is basically a lifestyle change. In closing I want to share a couple verses which I found helped me before surgery. I can do all things in Christ which strengthens me and Greater is He that is in me than he that it is in world. I would repeat those over and over again when felt like I wanted to stop and get a hamburger or a box of chicken or whatever else I was craving at the time. If you will lean of God and know He can and will get you through this, I promise He will lift you up. Keep the faith and stay strong because you can do all things in Christ Jesus!!!! God Bless

Thank You for your words and I know this is not a quick fix or easy I have change my eating habits but the diabetes and the meds I am on is what does not allow me to lose the weight I need to. But as you spoke about Christ i Just want to say That my problems and health is in his Hand and he will get me through it . Good luck on your weight lost