Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need healing prayers and thoughts!

I need major prayers and healing thoughts as I face having my surgery canceled.

My sore throat on Monday became a cold yesterday - I spent the day in bed and started hitting the airborne and emergen-c as well as doing the sinus rinse a few times a day. I emailed my doctor asking what the policy is for doing surgery with a cold if there is no fever.

Today I felt much better but I ran into my surgeon while I was at the office getting my pre-op blood work and he nearly canceled my surgery on the spot due to my husky voice.

I begged him to give me the chance to get better- I am better today, I do not have a cough or fever and my son got better from his in two days.

He and his nurse stood there talking "scheduling" "incovenience" "difficult contacting everyone to cancel" in order to justify canceling it today- whlie in front of them was a real person someone who fought hard to get through every requirement and jumped every hoop, who has gotten through two weeks of liquids (which I think lowered my resistance). It was devastating and I left the office in tears after he said he wanted me to see a doctor TODAY to determine if I am fit for surgery.

We have a small business- wedding photography. I did EVERYTHING to get this surgery before our meager yet real season. The recession has hit us hard and we can't let the clients down who did book us because I am suddenly healing in June instead of May.

I rote to my primary care who is in the same office and she said she would see me Friday at 1pm to evaluate my condition. I wrote the letter of my life to my surgeon stating my case for being given the chance to get better until at least Friday.

He said yes!

Now I need healing prayers, prayer circles, affirmations, mojo, magic- whatever you got!!!!!!

Thinking of you and sending lots of healthy vibes!!

I really hope this works out for you. The only concern I have is that for the first 48 hours after my surgery it was my throat that gave me the most pain. My surgery was not a straight laproscopic one, but a partial open so I was under longer than most so the tube was down my throat longer, But my throat was absolutely raw after wards.

BTW, when you asked them what their policy was for a standard cold, no flu, no fever, just a cold, did they answer before hearing your voice?

Anyway, will be thinking of you. This is your basic rock/hard place situation.

Awww girl, I am sorry your going through this! I am sending Mega healing thoughts and prayers your way!!! Keep us posted on how you do

My sore throat on Monday became a cold yesterday - I spent the day in bed and started hitting the airborne and emergen-c as well as doing the sinus rinse a few times a day. I emailed my doctor asking what the policy is for doing surgery with a cold if there is no fever.

Today I felt much better but I ran into my surgeon while I was at the office getting my pre-op blood work and he nearly canceled my surgery on the spot due to my husky voice.

I begged him to give me the chance to get better- I am better today, I do not have a cough or fever and my son got better from his in two days.

He and his nurse stood there talking "scheduling" "incovenience" "difficult contacting everyone to cancel" in order to justify canceling it today- whlie in front of them was a real person someone who fought hard to get through every requirement and jumped every hoop, who has gotten through two weeks of liquids (which I think lowered my resistance). It was devastating and I left the office in tears after he said he wanted me to see a doctor TODAY to determine if I am fit for surgery.

We have a small business- wedding photography. I did EVERYTHING to get this surgery before our meager yet real season. The recession has hit us hard and we can't let the clients down who did book us because I am suddenly healing in June instead of May.

I rote to my primary care who is in the same office and she said she would see me Friday at 1pm to evaluate my condition. I wrote the letter of my life to my surgeon stating my case for being given the chance to get better until at least Friday.

He said yes!

Now I need healing prayers, prayer circles, affirmations, mojo, magic- whatever you got!!!!!!

I really hope this works out for you. The only concern I have is that for the first 48 hours after my surgery it was my throat that gave me the most pain. My surgery was not a straight laproscopic one, but a partial open so I was under longer than most so the tube was down my throat longer, But my throat was absolutely raw after wards.

BTW, when you asked them what their policy was for a standard cold, no flu, no fever, just a cold, did they answer before hearing your voice?

Anyway, will be thinking of you. This is your basic rock/hard place situation.

They answered and he though at that point I could wait until Saturday to see.

My throat no longer hurts, luckily.

I can only hope ad pray!

I know you are so ready for your surgery, but is it truly worth risking your health and life to have a surgery that can be postponed until you are healthy? You dont want to risk getting pnemonia or pulmonary edema ect.....The surgery is going to be a stressor on your body as it is dont walk into it already ill. Good luck and hope you feel better, maybe its the nurse in me wanting you well before surgery!

Mel

Hugs and prayers to u! Drink lots of fluids. You are already feeling better, I bet you will be just fine for surgery :)

My best to you! I am sure you will do fine and feel better. If in the end you have to wait then you wait, remember you are doing this to help yourself and your body needs to be up to the challenge too. We know your mind is and you are strong! I'm sure you will be fine for your date.

fingers and toes crossed for you!!! Try to get LOTS of sleep!!!

He said yes!

Since I won't be having my surgery any time soon and understand the hell of Pre-op Sending you all the blessing you need and praying that you can have the joy and happiness to a better healthier. My God give you better health in this time of need.

Well.. I have had the highs and lows today.

I went to my pre op nutrition seminar in Fremont and also the the ENT to have my CPAP machine checked. I had awakened feeling much much better and was really optimistic. My ENT checked my lungs while I was there because I told him my worries about tomorrow- and he said my lungs were clear and he thought I was fit for surgery. I was so elated!

I waked out of the cinic feeling so great and then suddenly on the way home I felt the unmistakeable twinge of pian in my sinuses- the right one. I thought it might be a headache but by the time I got home it really seemed like a sinus. Until that point I had no doubt I would be fit and healthy on Monday as my breathing is clear today, my chest was never involved- etc. If it is indeed my sinus I would of course never consider surgery. I had no intention of doing it unless I was 100%- my main issue was being pronounced unfit five days early....

I did a steam...and am backing off on the sinus rinses as I almost think I was too aggressive doing it so much- who knows but that I drove some bacteria up there . Oh well.

I will see what tomorrow brings- I have fought the good fight. This two weeks of liquids was just awful and if I think about doing it again I want to cry.

Get plenty of sleep, think positive thoughts, and just know, if your surgery is suppose to happen on Monday, it will.... Period! :) HUGS!!!!!

Well.. I have had the highs and lows today.

I went to my pre op nutrition seminar in Fremont and also the the ENT to have my CPAP machine checked. I had awakened feeling much much better and was really optimistic. My ENT checked my lungs while I was there because I told him my worries about tomorrow- and he said my lungs were clear and he thought I was fit for surgery. I was so elated!

I waked out of the cinic feeling so great and then suddenly on the way home I felt the unmistakeable twinge of pian in my sinuses- the right one. I thought it might be a headache but by the time I got home it really seemed like a sinus. Until that point I had no doubt I would be fit and healthy on Monday as my breathing is clear today, my chest was never involved- etc. If it is indeed my sinus I would of course never consider surgery. I had no intention of doing it unless I was 100%- my main issue was being pronounced unfit five days early....

I did a steam...and am backing off on the sinus rinses as I almost think I was too aggressive doing it so much- who knows but that I drove some bacteria up there . Oh well.

I will see what tomorrow brings- I have fought the good fight. This two weeks of liquids was just awful and if I think about doing it again I want to cry.