Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Wooohooo! I am in band land!

The only incision that hurts me is the top one, that is where Dr B did most of the "digging" around and put the port.

I havent taken a pain pill today, I may see about just dropping the prescription pain and going to liquid tylenol

How's everyone else doing?

I was given Lortab liquid, hydrocodone and oxycodone. The gas pains were so bad in my shoulder for a week I had to take something every two hours. They have since gotten better in the last couple days. I could shower right away too even though I had steristrips. He said they would come off when they wanted to. My scars look great. The large one for the port was a little larger then expected but it still is awesome.

Good job guys!

I'm So Confused How To Use This Thread And How To Find Who's Online Now, So I Can Ask Questions?? I'm Not Much Of A Computer Guru. I'm Having My Band 8/28...does Anyone Drink Wine While On The liquids? ?

...does Anyone Drink Wine While On The Liquids??

That's a great question. I was wondering that myself....

LOL-do ya want strawberry or chocolate? ! :heh:

tee hee, honestly I have yet to try either. I don't like chocolate much, however my experience with diet food is that chocolate always tastes better than strawberry. I bought a package of both for my liquids stage, so I will know very soon.

OK - here is the skinny, met with the personal trainer, she explained to me that if all I keep moving, the skin will contract as my fat cells contract. So, although I'm tired, she had me to some weights and about 1/2 of reps and leg muscle training, no stomach muscles yet. I hurt, and now I'm going to take a nap. That big ball thing is going to kill me though:confused:

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Womans.. Bos

Faybie,

My ticker is current as of today. I lost 7 pounds pre-op, and have lost 14 pounds since band placement on August 2nd.

Wow guys thank you so much for all of the updates. I do so much better in situations knowing what to expect whether good or bad.

I am keeping a running log of items and things that each of you used that helped you and it has been great, so I will be very prepared.

Robin,

Is your ticker current? I am very interested in seeing how you are doing since banding as it seems we have similar numbers. :biggrin1:

Congrats to everyone who has been banded so far this month!

Hey guys! Well, tomorrow I start my one week of liquids before my surgery. I am hopeful I can do it; and have stocked up on Unjury and Slimfast Optima! Tonight I am going out to the Olive Garden and eating so much bread and Pasta it will be sickening---and then my friends and I are going out to say goodbye to an old and dear friend---BEER! :biggrin1: I can't believe I will no longer be able to drink my beloved Coors Light and my adored Diet Coke. :Cry: I am sure, however, that I will find a new and better drink in about a month! :) Cheers to all of us!

I'm still vomiting, which is really painful. It's weird, my mouth fills with saliva, which I can't swallow,then I get nauseous, then I start heaving. I need to suck on ice chips to make it stop. And other than being really tired and the occasional gas pain, I'm not feeling badly. I just really want this nausea to go.

Have you called the Dr, Libra? Mine gave me some anti nausea meds, an ear patch and a phenegrin suppository. I havent had to use the phenegrin suppository, THANK GOD. But the eat patch is keeping me from being nausiated.

I am not feeling hungry, but i am making my self drink protien shakes and the occasional broth or creamy Soup with no chunks of stuff.

If I drink too fast I feel uncomfortable, but otherwise, Im doing ok.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • alisasings

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
    • Elnaz

Losing weight is my dream
      · 0 replies
    • OhMyGawdItzKla

I joined yesterday when I was struggling with this preop diet... 
      It typically comes and goes, the hard times and easier times. I'm on day 6 of 14  shakes, water, sf Popsicles and jello. And I might actually be losing my mind. But, oh dear lord has the fear set in. Not about the surgery itself, but life afterwards. If I feel this crappy on the preop diet, am I going to feel like this forever after? 
      I know most of the answers are no, not forever. It might be worse after for a while, then get better. I know it's a more of a mental challenge than physical after the first couple weeks of healing. I get all of that. But I'm starting to feel scared about losing myself afterwards. 
      It might be my hormones or desire to chew something salty talking.. It may go away soon or tomorrow.. I can hope, anyway. But right now.. The fear is real. 

And this liquid diet can bite me. 
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Fear is normal, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm 4.5 months post-op and the pre-op diet was by far the hardest part of the whole process. There will be challenges and a lot of new things to learn, but I can honestly say at this point I feel so much more "back to normal" and was even able to go on a week-long vacation with my kids without stressing over it. It's so worthwhile.

2. OhMyGawdItzKla

@NickelChip This actually does make me feel better! Thank you so much! After the onslaught of Covid, we've all had to deal with a "new normal", so I know it's possible. It's just the fear and frustration in this moment that makes me question if I can find another "new normal" afterwards. The thought of just a few more months seems daunting some times, but I really do appreciate input and real experience. I'll use that to get me through for a few more hours! LOL. Thank you so much! And I'm glad everything is going so well for you! ❤️

• mamabear30106

I started my 10 day pre op diet yesterday I need flavor!! I'm not big on the chocolate protein shakes so I just got to use up what I have was thinking about freezing it to make it like a ice cream so its something I can chew a little. Idk this is hard but I know I can do it just need to find new things to try 
      · 1 reply
      1. JennyBeez

You can try. I've read other people have had good results with protein-shake popsicles, etc. My personal experience with it? Sucked.

I tried making 'fudgesicles' with a couple different flavors of a premade shake, as well as a protein powder I blended myself and all of them came out revolting? The powder ones, all the protein sunk to the middle; the premade shakes, the popsicle had a disgusting texture and the protein seemed to leave a weird fluffy film on the outside? I couldn't stomach it.

Maybe look into flavoring additives? I was able to have sugar-free coffee /soda syrup flavorings, sugar-free drink flavorings and baking additives like almond, rum or pepperment extract. The extracts helped me the most as they added no extra sweetener.

On the other hand, if you can get your hands on an unflavored/unsweetened protein powder, the syrup flavorings are perfect. I love to use Boost "Just Protein" (which is unflavored) with milk and a Chai-flavored sugarfree syrup.

Good luck!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches