Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

neenagh...what a beautiful baby! You ARE doing the right thing. I'm SO happy I did this. It's been less then two weeks since my surgery and people notice a difference in my face already. My pants are feeling loose. Isn't that worth it? Your health is VERY worth it!

Josette, Thanks so much for the encouragement. The baby is my 2nd youngest grandbaby, she's the only girl out of 4. I think if i were single, or independant financially, i wouldn't care so much, but i feel like i'm spending his hard earned money on myself. Sorry about going on and on, feel better now! honest. Thanks again for your kind support!!! Congrats on the the weightloss already!:)

:omg:

Omg! I feel exactly the same way! I am using a home equity line of credit to pay for the surg too. My dh is saying that this is something we really need to do for my health, but i feel scared and guilty because i know our finances are going to be VERY tight over the next 4 years paying this off. My husband works construction, so paychecks can sometimes get a lot smaller over the winter,etc, etc. I'm being banded aug 31st. I hope i'm doing the right thing.:omg:

We're getting banded the same day!

I'm still freaked out, but I talked to DH and he's really OK with my decision. He knows we'll have to be careful, but he wants me to be healthier and feel better. So that helped.

And I want to feel better. I'm tired of being tired. Of not wanting to do anything. Of not really feeling like I'm living my life. So I've been working on my attitude. That this is worth it, that I'm worth it. Which, funny enough, is EXACTLY what my mom said when I told her I was doing this.

And I've already had a great benefit from this. My surgeon requires a sleep study for many of his patients, and mine confirmed that I do indeed have sleep apnea. I get my CPAP machine tomorrow, and I'm excited. Even after just being on one for 4 hours during the sleep study I felt better.

So, I think you too are doing the right thing! We'll have to compare notes after surgery. Have you done a list of pros and cons? Or of what you are looking forward to?

Hello Everyone...

I'm going in first thing tomorrow morning. I'm excited but nervous, of course. I wonder if there will be a big let down when it's all over? I mean....that's when the real work starts, isn't it? :)

I'm not surprised that everyone's feeling a little tired. I would imagine it will probably last a few weeks while your body sends all its ergs to healing and fewer ergs to running around. Very interesting that the cals go down to 600-900. I've been 900-1000 a day pre-op on liquids only. I was wondering how I would get in my 65 grams of Protein a day post-op. I tried an Isopure drink today and although I did not like the taste too much, it sure gets in the protein! 40 Grams in one bottle. Wow. I wonder if that would help with the tiredness?

On Doctor's orders I took a Magnesium Citrate this afternoon in prep for surgery. ARgggggggg. It sure cleans you out. :P

Ok...well, wish me luck.

I found out I have severe sleep apnea and I have a cpap too but I hate the mask that came with it. Everytime I sleep on my side it leaks and I rarely make it through a night without taking it off.

I found out I have severe sleep apnea and I have a cpap too but I hate the mask that came with it. Everytime I sleep on my side it leaks and I rarely make it through a night without taking it off.

They gave me the mask I wore for the sleep study, so I'm hoping it will be as comfortable as it was then.

Have you tried different ones?

Good luck Diva Girl I'm post op 6 days and feeling much better just think the pain doesnt last forever and it's all worth it :)

We're getting banded the same day!

I'm still freaked out, but I talked to DH and he's really OK with my decision. He knows we'll have to be careful, but he wants me to be healthier and feel better. So that helped.

And I want to feel better. I'm tired of being tired. Of not wanting to do anything. Of not really feeling like I'm living my life. So I've been working on my attitude. That this is worth it, that I'm worth it. Which, funny enough, is EXACTLY what my mom said when I told her I was doing this.

And I've already had a great benefit from this. My surgeon requires a sleep study for many of his patients, and mine confirmed that I do indeed have sleep apnea. I get my CPAP machine tomorrow, and I'm excited. Even after just being on one for 4 hours during the sleep study I felt better.

So, I think you too are doing the right thing! We'll have to compare notes after surgery. Have you done a list of pros and cons? Or of what you are looking forward to?

You have a great attitude, and I think youre doing this for all the right reasons. I can feel it rubbing off onto me. I'm glad i have met someone here getting surg on the same day as i am, and i would love to share notes with you after the deed is done!

It must feel great to be able to get a decent amount of sleep. Is the machine noisy?

The con for me of course is that OHIP doesn't pay for it...idiots. They will pay to have my insides rearranged (gastric bypass), but not lap band.

As far as Pros go, I like the idea that they wont cut my stomach in intestines up, i won't have dumping syndrome, I will lose weight at a slow and safe pace, and if necessary i can have all my fill removed if i need extra calories for some reason (e.g. illness, since there's no way in he** i'm going to start having more babies at my age!:biggrin1: ) I want to be a fun grandma, and I want to dance with my dh at all thier weddings.

Fears, i have plenty, not about the surgery or the recovery, but that I won't lose weight, or that i will be one of those people who consistently eat "around the band" bec. they are hopelessly addicted to food, or that i will have to have it taken out for some reason.

I'm really looking forward to buying nice clothes, walking without pain (maybe even wearing heels again), having energy, sleeping well, have my dh leer at me the way he did when we were young *blushing*, going swimming when we go to the cottage (which of course involves the use of that terrifying garment, the bathing suit) and playing with the grandkids, without playing dead so i can catch my breath!

Well, I think I have rambled long enough, hope this isn't a thread killer!!!!:nervous

I'm glad i have met someone here getting surg on the same day as i am, and i would love to share notes with you after the deed is done!

OK, I'll post as soon as I can afterwards, and you do the same! It will be fun to have someone to talk to while we recover who is on the same timeline.

It must feel great to be able to get a decent amount of sleep. Is the machine noisy?

I don't know yet, but I did good the night of the sleep study. The tech said I was one of the best patients he'd had for being able to tolerate the mask.

My pros and cons are much like yours. Money is the main con, but what good is money if I'm not alive to enjoy it, or healthy enough?

I don't have the grandkids, but have a niece I adore, and she's 4. I want to be around for her, me and DH are a stablilzing force for her and I want that to continue.

No thread-killers we!

I've had my CPAP machine for about 2 weeks now, one week before the surgery. I use nasal pillows for a mask and it's really ok. The machine itself is completely silent, but there's some windy sound when I take the mask off to go to the bathroom during the night, so I turn off the machine for those few minutes.

This is one of the benefits of the surgery, that I discovered I have a life threatening condition. Otherwise, I'd never have known.

This is one of the benefits of the surgery, that I discovered I have a life threatening condition. Otherwise, I'd never have known.

That's what I was thinking. I knew I snored, but I had no idea how serious it was to have apnea. I was reading a list of symptoms and they all pretty much sounded like me. It kind of snuck up, the not feeling good and all, and I blamed much of it on my weight.

So, by getting the band and losing weight, and sleeping better, we'll be unstopable!!:clap2:

Serendipity 4124

I also have a very physcal job and it has been very hard for me. I went to the doctor 6 days into my fast (11lbs down) and just told them that I have no energy at all. They told me that I could eat lunch meat wrapped in cheese for energy. My new thing is the liquid diet all day and then phase one of south beach for dinner. I feel like a whole new person. I had so much energy last night that I could not fall asleep. You will stll take off weight, I feel like we are making such a change in our lives and that you need to feel like a normal person as far as energy. It really started to effect my personality. You need to do what is best for you..........

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking on the thread, seeing descriptions of others experiences before going through my own, and I figured since I'm one day out from my band-date of 8/14, I would contribute my own experience:

I was really scared the week before surgery. I've never had so much as stitches, and here I volunteered for Surgery. What really helped the fear was watching an entire lapband procedure on google video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3190472028990485080&q=lap-band&hl=en

The hospital did a great job, and I don't remember anything from the prep room to the recovery room. It's my second day out, and I'm feeling pretty good. I've been up and around quite a bit, and I'm pretty comfortable without pain medication. I did get a narcotic to help me sleep last night. I think that was mostly because I can't sleep on my side/stomach as normal.

Tim :)

1. To update a ticker on the lapband forum, first go to Quick Link, then go to Edit Signature, cut or delete your current ticker and then hit the save signature button. Then go to the ticker factory, make your new ticker, copy the URL, go back to Lapband forum, hit Quick Link, go to Edit Signature, move your cursor to the spot in your signature area where you want the ticker to appear, then above the box you will see a row of icons, click the icon which allows you insert image or picture (it has a mountain with a small box in the corner), a little box will appear asking for the URL, paste the URL from the ticker factory there, and hit enter, your new ticker will appear.

2. To get a new ticker, go to Ticker factory, put in new weight, hit enter, and new ticker will appear with new URL

You must do this each time you want to change the ticker in your signature area.

I strongly suggest that you do Step 1 before Step 2. Each time I tried to delete the old ticker and then paste the new one, it would not allow me to paste the new URL. I had to delete the old ticker and save the changes first and then paste the new URL in.

i think i figured out how to add to my profile still not sure how to update it