Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

I'm so excited to be joining the August Band Crew! My banding will be on August 7th with Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. Seabreeze, you and I should meet! I'm so excited!

This experience will be MUCH better having all of you to talk to about it.:)

Hey all!

I just got back from my pre-op and the date is set for Aug. 4! My surgeon is Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan of the Texas Lapband Center located in Dallas, TX. I am so excited! Thanks for starting this thread. I have been visiting the site for about 2 months now and it has been a blessing to see you all supporting each other through this marvelous, life-changing adventure while providing such helpful insight to those pre-bandsters like myself. I will be praying for all of you and let's stay in touch!

Good Luck to everyone...we are going to need each other alot more in the next few weeks. I'm so glad to be apart of this. Just getting alittle scared the more I read....gas, fills, bruising, scars, etc. My date is August 21 but I'm trying to getit moved up because that's my daughters first day of school. We'll see....Bought some slim-fast today.

Hey Koala,

My hubby and I will be flying in the 8th, so yeah, we should meet! I've been working on my packing list; liquid tylenol was hard 2 find.

I've been trying to cut down in general for the upcoming diet, and have been using Slimfast Optima for 2 meal replacement...so far zip! This makes me a bit nervous, so I'm planning to call the nutritionist early and get started on that diet 10 or 12 days pre-op instead of 7.

Wish me luck. I think I have the world's slowest metabolism. :faint:

Went out and bought some Isopure drinks and papaya ensyme chewables. On tues the 25th I go in for the blood work, EKG, upper GI and meet with the aenestheseologist (sp). And...I am crazy nervous. I haven't lost as much weight as they wanted. I hope they let me have the stupid surgery. The closer the date gets them more I want to eat. I am going to get fried clams this weekend 'cause I am on the MA coast, they are wonderful and no matter how loose I am I know that fried clams will be a dim memory! I am nuts.

Surgery date August 4th at 6:30 am-thats 6:30 in the morning-I won't need any anesthisia (sp), I'll be out of it already.

My husband and I are hysterical laughing that when they try and wheel me into surgery I'll still be clutching an egg mcmuffin yelling "get away from Breakfast bitch-its my last egg mcmuffin!!!!"

ohmigawd I am so so so sad

Surgery date August 4th at 6:30 am-thats 6:30 in the morning-I won't need any anesthisia (sp), I'll be out of it already.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi all,

As a medical professional for the last 12 yrs, I strongly recommend drawing up a living will / medical power of attorney whether you are contemplating surgery or not. There are too many times where unfortunate accidents happen and the injured party cannot make medical decisions for themselves. Unless you have these documents in place, the physician is the only one who can make these decisions even though a family member is present. If you truly want peace of mind, take care of it now. For those with elderly parents, this is really important. I am 35 and have one for myself and have encouraged my parents to do the same. You don't want to be faced with this legal issue in the middle of the immediate crisis. Just wanted to share....

Diva,

You are hilarious!!! I will be right behind you on Aug 4, with a surgery time of 11:45. In my hands will be that last triple whataburger with cheese! I don't think I will have time to finish the WHOLE burger before the anesthesia kicks in! Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for me it'll be a pizza delivery guy knocking on the operating room door because he took too long. hahaha "I have a large pizza with pepperoni and pineapple for a Josette!"

That'll bring me out of anestisia for sure! hahaha

Welcome Koala! I am growing more excited each day! I have bought Soup, Unjury supplements, Protein Drinks, liquid tylenol, chewable vitamins. . . the list goes on and on.

The best my part is my daughters' questions - at each meal they ask with glee - for example: holding up a hamburger, they ask,"Mom, will you be able to eat this? Can we still eat it in front of you???" With a little giggle, they then stuff their little faces with another big bite. Of course, my children are naturally slender or either that, I have taught them better about nutrition then did my parents.

We August bandsters are turning into a great group of folks who sound eager and ready for the next step in their life. And don't worry about that pizza and egg McMuffin. You've had a billion of them; time to move on to new food and a new way of looking at life - healthy!

And don't worry about that pizza and egg McMuffin. You've had a billion of them; time to move on to new food and a new way of looking at life - healthy!

Lol...I know I have! Thank you for reminding me!

I'm leaving on a cruise Sunday and will be back 3 DAYS BEFORE I'm banded. I paid the doctor and the surgicenter, have my ride to the surgery, but haven't had a chance to get my post-op supplies yet. I am so excited about my vacation, but I really think that I'm more excited about getting Banded.

I've gained so much from y'all and look forward to hearing about how everyone is doing when I get back. I may even try to do one of those fancy ticker things!

Aug 2 - Dr. Spivak, Houston!