Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I went in to the hospital on Monday 4/25/11 and they gave me a cocktail to make me relax and I've gotta say folks, I don't remember a thing after that. I went in early cause I had to take my Aunt Nancy in for her lapband surgery on the same day and hospital. She went in @ 8am. My surgery went off without a hitch. I am still not clear on whether the Dr fixed my Hiatal hernia or not. He apparently told my husband they had found it wasn't very big and so they didn't have to fix anything but when I asked a few days later, he took a look at my stomach and said yes, he did fix it and all was good. Anyway, the pain was bad the first day and they had me up as fast as possible to walk that same day, which isn't to bad if you take the morphine before walking. Then, I had to use the little breathing apparatus which is so hard to do fresh out of surgery. Who knew? They brought me mouth swabs which were great because my mouth was so dry. The next day was easier and the third was even better. I was sore though and maybe I'm just a baby in the pain department, but anyone who says different has got to be kidding. At home everything is ok, until everyone around you starts eating. Not that you are hungry mind you, it's just that you feel like you want to just taste the food. Chew it and spit it out, I guess. I don't know if anyone felt like that but I don't really care for pizza all that much, but when the kids ordered some, I would have loved to chew some and even spit it out just to taste it. I hate broth. I finally got the broth and put spices (my usual) in it just to make it passable. I have been eating the popsicles and the Jello but I can't wait til I can actually eat something. This is gonna be a long few weeks.

On a side note...did anyone feel like a lightning kind of pain go through the stomach up high after the 7th day? I am having these shooting little lightning pains through my stomach and am not sure if it is a good thing, a normal thing, or a bad thing. Any info would be highly appreciated. Well, I'm on my way....We will see how it goes!

Have a nice one everyone!

COngratulations! As far as pain goes, the only pain I had after I came home was the pain where the drain used to be - that was achy on the inside for about 3 weeks. Otherwise, you may have some gas that is pushing against all your tender bits on the inside. Take some gas-x and use a heating pad for the pains after surgery - works like a charm. I probably took pain meds for 2 days after I got home and then relied on the heating pad for the rest.

Take care of yourself!

Lara

Congrats on your surgery!!! What my sister and I did was make a HUGE pot of chicken Soup [without the noodles]. We seasoned it like you normally do and then strained the broth off. I had about 6-8 16oz containers that I froze. These have been a life saver!!! I'm not tired of the pre op diet yet [just my 4th day of 14 days] but it does help to break up the sweet taste with a little something spicy!! See if you can stomach making your favorite soup so at least you'll get something that you really like in your new little belly!! :D

Hope this helps! Take care!