Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just call me SLEEVED!!!! I finally did it!

Hey Everyone,

I arrived in TJ and had a nice American lady named Lana pick me up from the air port and within minutes we were in TJ and at the private hospital where I would be staying. Lana stayed with me till I got all my pre op stuff done. I met the team of doctors that would be assisting dr. Ponce de leon, Dr. Friday is Dr. Ponce’s right hand man and Dr. Sanchez the anesthesiologist. The hospital administrator came to welcome me and each day that I was there she’d stop by to check on me. I thought that was very nice. Oh and let me just say ALL the doctors were very cute to boot but really they were warm, genuine and friendly. Since I had my surgery on Friday I really didn’t expect to see them as much as I did over the weekend but there they were, not just Dr. Ponce but Dr. Friday was there too both Saturday and Sunday. They gave me a copy of my surgery so that I could show my husband when I got back. I of course had to see it and I’ll tell you I’ve seen them on youtube and stuff but its something else when you know it’s your tummy. All I kept thinking was look at all that FAT on my stomach! Ugh!!! By the time I got to check out I had 3 leak tests and Dr. Ponce gave me his email and cell phone number!!! No doctor stateside where I’m from would do that. I was just wowed by that.

I also liked the fact that when I got there on Friday and the nurses asked what I was having done and I told them they all gushed about how good Dr. Ponce was and that I was in great hands. He apparently is very sought out by other doctors to have the surgery too……even Dr. Friday! I couldn’t believe it when he told me. He looks like a very fit man but all the nurses confirmed yep, he used to be a little tub of a man 4 months ago.

I stayed at a very nice guest house that Lana has for Dr. Ponce’s patients and my room had a view of the ocean, a king size bed with all the creature comforts I could want. There were even a scented candle in my room and bathroom….really all over the house. Lana cooked for me and her assistant Teresita was just as attentive. She took me to a pharmacy where I got a 35% of discount on my meds and did a little shopping and sightseeing around town.

I’m happy to report that I never got nauseous or thrown up after surgery and I was walking not much after I woke up and made it a point to do my laps as much as I could to get what ever gas was left out of me. I was either burping or farting! LOL, it never felt so good to toot!

A seven hour flight home and here I am. I sipped on Water, Gatorade and vita coco (it has more electrolytes than Gatorade while I was at the airport. I asked for hot water when I was on the plain and took out of my chicken broth packets and had some broth.

I’m glad I went it was a great experience and would do it again. I would recommend Dr. Ponce to anyone in a heartbeat. He’s highly skilled surgeon and a real genuine, warm friendly man. Dr. Friday is the bomb also. Dr. Sanchez is funny as all get. I came into the OR and he was jamming to Michael Jackson.

Now I start my post op journey and I’ll be looking to all the old guard for guidance. Thanks for reading my post.

PS. Lana prayed with me before surgery….she also called my husband and big sister to let them know I was doing fine after the surgery.

Congrats!!!! I know you are happy that everything is over with. Good luck on your weight loss journey!! Keep us posted!

Woo Hoo- you're sleeved! Sounds like you had a fantastic experience in TJ! I think its neat you got to see your own surgery. And when you said "it never felt so good to toot" I did laugh out loud- so true- so true.

Good luck to you as you continue on! Wishing you the best!:D