Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are starting our journey tomorrow...

Hello,

My name is Diane and tomorrow my husband Scott and I have our first appointment at the Wish Center in Illinois. We are not exactly sure what to expect, but I am sure in a hurry to get going now that we finally have the means to get out lives back. I am 5'2, 289 and my husband is 5'11, 330. We both have so many health problems that are weight related. It will feel so wonderful to not have this ruling our lives any longer.

I do notice, that banders have more difficulty losing that the gastric bypass folks. I would imagine my 130 pound goal is unrealistic, but even 100 pounds gone would be a dream come true. Bikini days are over for me at almost 40, I just want to live a long life with my husband and family. At this rate, I can see a heart attack coming a mile away.

So, I am glad I found this site, I hope to establish a website and share my journey...

Best wishes to all of you,

Diane

Welcome and good luck to you and your husband. The lapband is less evasive than gastric bypass. You will lose slower, but it is adjustable and removable if something happens that you need that.

I am recently banded, but did much research. This site being one of the places I come for information. Hope you and your husband get approved soon and start your journey on a new life.

Welcome to lapband

Diane, I don't think that bandsters have a more difficult time losing weight, it's a more natural way and rate of weight loss. No malabsorption, dumping, getting sick. I did lots of research too. I think for me, this was the healthy way to go. Each person needs to decide along with good medical advice what is the best for them.

I hope you and your husband the best in your journey.

Terry:)

Read through some of the posts on how much people have lost. I think you would be surprised to see that maybe your 130 lbs loss is not unrealistic....maybe it won't happen in 8 months but I think that if you work the band properly eventually you'll get there.

This site has a ton of really amazing people on it who know just the right thing to say when you are down and have tons of realistic advice...oh and a few who will give you a good kick in the arse if you need to be refocusing...lol.

Take care

Dianne, I was banded at the Wish Center on Friday and I LOVE the Drs and staff. I sent you an e-mail as well.

jeannine

Hi Diane and Scott, welcome to LBT!

I thought you guys might appreciate this post that was put up my Penni60. (click on link below)

We have seen so many people that are already banded and never even knew to ask these questions. I'm sure they will help you both a lot.

Keep us posted on your progress!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15595

Hello Everyone.

I am a newbie. I live in San Diego CA, and I am scheduled for surgery on July 12th. I have started my ten day liquid diet in preperation for my surgery. This has not been easy. I am allowed broth, sugar free Jello, and popsicles, and Protein shakes. Does anyone have any tips for getting through this challenging period? I am both excited and anxious about my upcoming surgery. I would enjoy hearing from new banders, experienced banders, or prebanders. I can't wait to join the band!

Kelley B.

Hey Kelly,

I'm still on my two week preop. The first couple days were reeeeeally hard but after that it gets way easier. Just keep your eye on the prize and you'll do fine. I go in only 4 days before you and I'm definitely getting pretty excited. Good luck and welcome to the club.