Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How my life has changed

What has changed in my life since I have lost 105 pounds? I was thinking as my husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in September 2011 how much my life has changed in the last 2 ½ years. 5 years ago I would not have considered going on this type of long vacation. If you are thinking about having Weight Loss Surgery, these things don’t even hit your radar screen right now, because I had NO clue that so many things would change in my life after losing weight.:D

1. I always liked myself; I just hated the body I was stuck in. WOW I had no idea how different I would feel about myself after my weight loss.

2. I know I walked with much more confidence after my weight loss and I look people in the eye.

3. I have no problem standing up for others that I feel are being picked on or bullied, or judged by how they looked—their weight, their clothing, the color of their skin. I hate bullies and adult bullies are 10 times worse. LET’S STOP THEM OK!!!!!!!! :angry:

4. I wanted to give back something to my community and let others know that they could do what I hadn’t been able to do with JUST diet and exercise. I needed to have WLS so that I had the tool to achieve my goal. My tool is the restriction I have with “sleeve surgery.”

5. I am retired and went back and started teaching at an Alternative High School. So many of my students were from dysfunctional homes. I know without a doubt I have made a difference in their lives (they certainly have changed mine.) I am giving 2 of them scholarships to college. Maybe more of us can give something back, big or small. It all makes a difference. Your time helping kids really can make a difference.

6. I am willing to try to educate others about what Weight Loss Surgery really is.

7. I am here to support and encourage others on their WLS journey and I thought that would be a short term thing…now I know I will always be willing to help them in the years ahead. Pay it forward; you may change someone’s life by helping them with words and encouragement.

8. Life is very short, none of us know how long we will be here, and the time is NOW to have your weight loss surgery. This has to be ALL about you and NO one else in your life. It is nice if your family supports you but don’t count on it. And don’t let them discourage you.

9. I get up every morning feeling 20 years younger.

10. I know without a doubt that I will ALWAYS maintain my weight loss. Something I was never able to do before in my life.

11. Eating healthy is really fun. You can cook yummy healthy food that tastes great.

12. Exercise is something that I have always hated, now I want to exercise it actually feels good.

13. I have become a much better cook than I ever was before.:P

The standard things that I am enjoying and they are all the things that you are thinking about if you are about to have WLS or have already had it:

1. Feeling and looking better.

2. Better health and I got off a lot of medications that you I taking.

3. New clothes, shoes, and shopping in places that I never could shop at before

4. Being comfortable and being able to move without my entire body hurting.

5. Wondering if you are the “one” person that WLS will not work on? I promise you it will work for you.

6. Having people notice that I have lost a ton of weight and being able to tell them how I did it.

7. Having someone call me SKINNY—what a GRAND feeling that was.

8. Going on vacations and walking every place I wanted to without having to stop and rest.

9. Giving away all my “fat people” clothes to a shelter where I know they will be need and use.

10. Getting hugs!:happy:

Please consider how YOUR life can or will change if you have WLS. When I was considering this, I want the best doctor I could find who had done numerous “Sleeves” surgeries with great success and after all my research I knew it was Dr. Aceves. If you are going to do this WHY not have the best there is?

Suzanne

Sleeved by Dr. Aceves Oct 21, 2011

Starting Weight 225 lbs,

Goal Weight 125 lbs

Weight now 120 lbs