Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was talking to a friend on the way home tonight and she said that a lot of people that are banded are hungry all the time. Is this true for anyone? I had heard that just a few bites and you feel full. Curious as I get more info. Thanks :wave:

I was talking to a friend on the way home tonight and she said that a lot of people that are banded are hungry all the time. Is this true for anyone? I had heard that just a few bites and you feel full. Curious as I get more info. Thanks :wave:

Once he got throught "bandster hell" (that time when he was healed but hadn't gotten a fill), DH was fine. He really doesn't get all that hungry until shortly before it's time to eat, and says he doesn't think about food all the time like he didn.

Now that I have pretty good restriction, no, I'm not hungry all the time. Some times a few bites and I'm full and some times not. It depends on what you eat (chicken vs. veggies) I can eat way more veggies than meats because of the density.

Before I had this fill / restriction... yes I was hungry alot.

I'm not hungry all the time. I had a little pouch of beef Jerky last night as a 'snack' and wasn't hungry later for dinner.

There is a period of 'agony' after being banded, but before having a fill. People choose to handle this different ways; eat until you are full, probably not losing any weight (because you aren't restricted, you can probably eat the same amount as before surgery), eat healthier food, but still eat until you are full, or diet, and probably be hungry like you were on any diet before banding.

Once you start getting fills (though it can take a few to get good restriction), you shouldn't be hungry all the time, and something probably isn't right if you are.

I was banded May 1 of this year and I do not have proper restriction yet--well, I went for my second fill this morning so I am hoping!

Anyway, I have been able to eat 2-3 cups of food at a time since starting solids and I am usually hungry one and a half to two hours later. I do not like being hungry but, I also don't want to start gaining weight so, I have just eaten more fruit and vegetables. It curbs the hunger and I am still losing weight.

Thanks for the inputs. I am a bit nervous as I am trying to get the cost of this into a refinance I am doing now, but may have asked too late to change the amount without losing my lock on the inerest rate. Paul the gal does not have a band so could be her trying to talk me out of it. more comments appreciated.

Thanks for posting about food and the amounts. I was banded on 5/23/06 and I thought OMG I can eat slightly less than before being banded but still it seems like alot of food. My M.D. told me that I would only need a few tablespoons of food to be full. Wrong I could eat well but not as much. I will have my first fill on 7/13/06 and from reading all the posts I should begin to lose weight and not eat large portions. I will keep you posted on the progress.