Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Easter Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I just want to wish all of you a Happy Easter.:girl_hug: For so many of us, we are so thankful for all the great things we have in our life since we have become healthy and happy and have lost all our weight, or we are on our way of losing the weight.:heart:

Each day for me is a day that I am so thrilled that I had "sleeve" surgery. We all had our reasons why we wanted to lose weight.:lightbulb: When I first started I was thinking after having sleeve surgery I thought "what if I am the one person this will not work on"?:first: I had so many failures at weight loss in my past. Now I know this is the "one" thing that will work for me forever.

:happy:

Enjoy Easter in a way that will make you happy.

Hugs,

Suzanne

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO!!!

I am so scared of failure too. I have failed so many times losing and regaining, losing and regaining! I just keep thinking "what if this doesn't work either?" My Dr. has assured me that I will not fail because I have been so successful before. I just can not keep it off. That is why the surgery will help me. I sure hope so, I still have that dobut in the back of my mind.

Kelly

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO!!!

I am so scared of failure too. I have failed so many times losing and regaining, losing and regaining! I just keep thinking "what if this doesn't work either?" My Dr. has assured me that I will not fail because I have been so successful before. I just can not keep it off. That is why the surgery will help me. I sure hope so, I still have that doubt in the back of my mind.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Once you have the surgery and you start seeing how fast the weight is coming off that will motivate you a lot. You have to make the effort to make a life style changes, which means you will be eating and making healthy food choices--get rid of all the junk food. I eat very little red meat, and I was a red meat lover. I eat a lot of chicken and fish and turkey. It is just easier to chew. You have to chew and chew and chew your food the first few months--until it is almost like a liquid in your mouth before you swallow--I used to get tired of chewing and just push my plate away. Take tiny bites. You have a restriction and big bite and inhaling food like you used to will no longer work--you feel full so much faster now--learn to listen to that feeling. The one thing I know is that a milk chocolate diet or eating a lot of junk foods is something I am never going to do--it doesn't even sound good. I never feel deprived because just having a small taste of something is much better now--I can have 1 small cookie and not the entire bag of cookies--LOL. I eat small amounts of food and I think for the first time in my life my head and stomach are working together to make good choices. I also walk for exercise. If you have any questions along the way or you just want to talk, I am here for you. I got a lot of great support along my journey and it was very helpful.

Hugs, Suzanne. You will be very successful, I know without a doubt.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: