Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to everyone. Married with a daughter. I'm a full time mother, wife, student, and part-time employment. I love my family and going to church. My journey started in March. I have to do a 6 month weight management with my doctor for insurance purposes. I started out set on the RNY. I have family members and friends who had RNY. I started my research and joined different forums that dealt with RNY. Even had a consultation with a surgeon's office ( would not have met him until right before the surgery :-(..) After a lot of prayer and more and more research, I decided to go with the sleeve. All of the Vitamins you have to take with having the RNY and then the possibility of vitamins not absorbing or what not. Plus I am forgetful with taking pills. I know I will have to take vitamins with the sleeve, but not 3-4 times a day. I truly think I just need the restriction and I pray that I do well. With my change, came a new surgeon at a different office. They are testing me for way more things then the previous office had sent me of to do. I actually like having all the test, just to make sure. Well tentatively, I hope to have my surgery end of August first of September. 6 months is a ways off from now, but I am about to have my third weigh in with my PCP. So it is moving. My second appt. I had lost 19 lbs. So I was happy about that and started thinking maybe I can do it on my own.....then I thought more and the question is would I be able to keep it off? I am thrilled to have found this site. I am ready for my tool to help me to reach my goal weight and to maintain it and stay healthy. Hope to talk to many of you! Take care :D

Sleeveme,

Congratulations on your decision and welcome to the family!

I was sleeved on April 11th and I can honestly say that even just 12 days out, it is the best decision I've made in years (besides divorce, but that's an entirely different story!) LOL!

Like you, I almost convinced myself that I didn't need the surgery, that I could do it on my own........AGAIN. Then it hit me. I'm 40 years old! I've done it on my own SIX other times!!!!!!!!! I'm tired of losing it gradually, feeling great for a few months and then finding myself fat again in a couple of years and miserable. There's no doubt I have the DETERMINATION, I KNOW I can do it, but dangitall, I'm tired of fighting it.

So I got sleeved, I'm changing the whole way I think about myself, my life, my food choices, everything! And it is soooooo liberating! I imagine this is what a butterfly feels like when it escapes the confines of a coccoon!

So stick with it girl! You've found an awesome forum, the folks here are FANTASTIC and we will support you through thick and thin!

Once again, WELCOME!!!!!! and keep us posted!

Christal

Welcome!

You will find this site to be very, very helpful. Everything you want to know is here and if it is not, just ask. People are very friendly and never judgemental!

Good luck to you. Keep us posted on your journey

Kelly

Thanks ladies for the welcome!:D I feel that I am making the right decision and I pray and continue to pray for guidance. I do not know anyone personally that has been sleeved. So being here is and will help a lot.

Ranchersdaughter, I know what you mean about loosing and then gaining. I tried about every diet there is probably. After having my daughter I gained 50lbs and stayed there until recently. That gain put me in the 300's. Time for a change. My little one is a busy one and my knees are starting to hurt to mention other issues.

Welcome aboard!! This will prove to be a very good decision on your part. Good Luck on your journey!

Hi and welcome!! You will find lots of wonderful people and good advice on this forum. I was sleeved on 4-14-11 and already feel the best I've felt in 20 years. You won't be sorry. If you start to get discouraged or scared, just come here for encouragement. Kathe

Thank you all. :D The hardest thing right now is waiting the 6 months. Gotta love insurance companies.

It'll go fast - promise! I'm in month 5. I complain about the silliness of the pre-op classes but honestly, it would be difficult if not impossible for me to swing the cash amount. so I am thankful. Best of luck!

Hi! I am awaiting my surg auth. I am hoping to have my surgery next month. It will be a revision to my RNY I had done 10 yrs ago. I regained weight, which caused my high blood pressure to increase--cannot take the drugs for it due to severe allergies to them. Congrats on your pre op loss! I am trying to prep for my surgery, but so far have not been able to do any more than maintain at around 225 pounds. I was 260 preop 10 yrs ago when I had my RNY. Lost 85 pounds with it, but began a regain with comorbid probs coming back to haunt me. I am not a very good pill taker, either. I do try to take them first thing each day. It does make a huge difference! Looking forward to chatting here and following up with progress! Ronda

Hello to everyone. Married with a daughter. I'm a full time mother, wife, student, and part-time employment. I love my family and going to church. My journey started in March. I have to do a 6 month weight management with my doctor for insurance purposes. I started out set on the RNY. I have family members and friends who had RNY. I started my research and joined different forums that dealt with RNY. Even had a consultation with a surgeon's office ( would not have met him until right before the surgery :-(..) After a lot of prayer and more and more research, I decided to go with the sleeve. All of the Vitamins you have to take with having the RNY and then the possibility of vitamins not absorbing or what not. Plus I am forgetful with taking pills. I know I will have to take vitamins with the sleeve, but not 3-4 times a day. I truly think I just need the restriction and I pray that I do well. With my change, came a new surgeon at a different office. They are testing me for way more things then the previous office had sent me of to do. I actually like having all the test, just to make sure. Well tentatively, I hope to have my surgery end of August first of September. 6 months is a ways off from now, but I am about to have my third weigh in with my PCP. So it is moving. My second appt. I had lost 19 lbs. So I was happy about that and started thinking maybe I can do it on my own.....then I thought more and the question is would I be able to keep it off? I am thrilled to have found this site. I am ready for my tool to help me to reach my goal weight and to maintain it and stay healthy. Hope to talk to many of you! Take care :D