Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so Protein has been my biggest worry since I have started the pre-op liquid diet. THANK GOODNESS for this site! Someone talked about greek yogurt and Crystal Lite. I figured it can't be worse than the powder shakes and drinks, so why not try it. I went to the grocery store and looked at all the lables and this is going to be my success to getting over the Protein issue. So thank you so much VST!!

Here is what I did:

Fage no fat greek yogurt has 18 grams of protein per serving and only 7 carbs

Blend with 1% milk, I used a little more than a cup to get the right consistency which is approximately 10 grams of protein and appx 15 carbs(I'm going to try the skim after my supply of 1% is done)

Add your favorite flavored Crystal Lite drink mix. I used 1 and a 1/4 pack of orange. I'm sure you can use any sugar free drink mix too.

It has a little bit of a "dry" taste but other than that it tasted like an orange creamcicle!

I was so excited after tasting this!!! 28 grams of protein in one glass how great is that.

Thanks everyone.

wow! Thanks for sharing! Greek yogurt alone tastes nasty to me but sounds like it would be good with the crystal light!

I am a recent greek yogurt fan. My sister tried to get me to try the plain about a year ago and it was just nasty to me. To me all the difference is the fruit. I really like the strawberry and the blueberry varieties. The two that I think taste the best are Chobani and Dannon. I have also found some new Protein Powder, Isopure zero carb strawberry. I serving size is 2 scoops has 50g of whey isolate Protein and 210 calories. I use one scoop for half of that mixed with 2/4 cup of 2% milk gives an addtional 6 grams of protein. I blend it with ice for an awesome 31g Protein Shake with right at 200 calories. That is a lot of bang for 200 calories.

Sounds great!! Don't forget about the carbs in the milk!!!

I think that's where the 15 carbs came from. Yogurt =7 carbs, milk =15 carbs.

Always so many good food ideas heresmile.gif

I'm keeping an eye on the carbs too. Thie Fage had the least carbs of all the greek yogurt that I looked at. I'm still somewhat full from the drink which is good. I'm going to have some beef broth (made from the cubes with a little extra Water and pepper), after that sweetness, I need a savory lol. I have to say I am not as hungry as I thought I would be. Which is great!

i just can not get with the greek yogurt thing!! BLAH!

maybe i could try it this way. i want so badly to like it, becasue of the Protein, but just can not seem to find ways that are good. i find it dry and bitter!

thanks for the recipe. i will try!

kelly

I've also tried the greek yogurt with sf cheesecake pudding and some milk mixed to make Protein rich cheesecake but I am pre-op. I couldn't get past the weird bitter taste either? Maybe because post op and our tastebuds changing, I will like it better. Maybe it makes a difference on the brand. I tried Fage when I did this.