Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Nightmare continues

Before I spoke about the hell I felt I was in. My emotions were like a roller coaster ride and I thought I found a way to get off. But I am back on this ride again. I said I will try to follow everything the doctors request of me to be able to have my WLS. It seems that things are not going my way. I went for the follow-up to my neuro appt with the knowledge that I going to get my clearance after I brought paper work that they asked me from another hospital. But to my surprise I saw a new doctor who was not satisfy when the documents that I had to pay for. I was so mad I told them that if this is not she needs I don’t know what to tell her because that is what requested a month ago. So this dr gave me two choices

1. Pay again for my records

2. Do the test over

I told her option 1 is not possible so I will do the test. She tells me that she needs some cardio test and a MRI. When I went to the cardio doctor he said he will not request these test because I have no cardio problems and the test he did was enough and he cleared me already. So I pleaded that the neurologists order them. Now the insurance company denies the cardio test. What do I do now?

I also start on the cpap machine for a week now, but since I started I have not been sleeping well. I now take naps during the day and when I wake up I am not able to talk or drink anything and my throat hurts a lot.

I guess things have to get worse before the get better. And to add to all of my problems I was told I have asthma after my breathing test.

Not playing victim only venting

You have every right to be pissed!

You have every right to be pissed!

yes because every test i do they find something wrong. After sleeping test I have sleep apnea. But I was never tired in the morning I would wake up like clock work everyday any where from 4:30 am - 6:00 am. Never sleep after that could never nap in the day. But the Dr. said I have it so I have to use the machine to get approved. After my breathing test I now have asthma but never complained about breathing problems in my 40 years together. Now I am waiting for the MRI.

Why on earth would the doctor require a cardio test when the cardiologist has signed off on you and does not want to do the test? Ask the cardiologist to speak to the other doctor. And what the heck do you need an MRI for? This sounds crazy! I too was dxed with apnea and had to see a cardiologist but this seems like way above and beyond. Asthma? WTF!!!

Oh honey you have been through the wringer! How would they know if you're using the CPAP machine? Asthma? I have asthma and I can't believe anyone could have it and not know. It sounds like they're just looking for stuff to be wrong with you. I know it is late in the game but is it possible to find another surgeon that won't make you go through all these hoops? If you have most of your records already you could just take them and give them to the new doctor (make copies to keep first) and see if that's enough to submit. I don't know. That sounds like a whole lot of extra stuff they're trying to make you do. Good luck and I hope you get your surgery soon!

Why on earth would the doctor require a cardio test when the cardiologist has signed off on you and does not want to do the test? Ask the cardiologist to speak to the other doctor. And what the heck do you need an MRI for? This sounds crazy! I too was dxed with apnea and had to see a cardiologist but this seems like way above and beyond. Asthma? WTF!!!

Well I had call the coordinator for my WLS and told her what I am going through so she called me that they got my insurence to approve the cardio test and I am scheduled for 4/18/11. The machine has a satalite device that they monitor. So because of that I use it like clock work. What I am doing is using it as long as I can at night. Then I take it off so I can get some sleep. I use to get 6 hours of sleep a day and felt great, now I am down to 3 hours and taking naps during the day.

Oh honey you have been through the wringer! How would they know if you're using the CPAP machine? Asthma? I have asthma and I can't believe anyone could have it and not know. It sounds like they're just looking for stuff to be wrong with you. I know it is late in the game but is it possible to find another surgeon that won't make you go through all these hoops? If you have most of your records already you could just take them and give them to the new doctor (make copies to keep first) and see if that's enough to submit. I don't know. That sounds like a whole lot of extra stuff they're trying to make you do. Good luck and I hope you get your surgery soon!

I have tired to see if I can change but it would set me back even more. I feel that they want all information on their files, not from anyone else. I am a ball of mess and pray that the day will come soon.