Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Days I too will be sleeved..So nervous!

I have to thank everyone on here for really helping me keep things in perspective. I have been flip flopping and almost canceled but glad i have not. The fact is I need to lose weight for my health. I want to have another child and want an easy pregnany. I want to stop letting my weight keep me from my true desires. I want to run..really run. Most of all I want to be a mom and wife for a long time to my hubby and baby girl for a long time. Please keep me in your thoughts. I wish I could be knocked out and just taken to the operating room. LOL. Anyway one question I have is should I have a last meal or not bother. I have been on a self imposed low carb diet since April 1st and will start liquids on Sunday then Clear Liquids the day before surgery?

I start my liquid diet on Tuesday and I have been doing the last meal thing all week long and it has sucked nothing tastes good everything is just blah I am not really sure why I know it is going to be along time if ever before I can eat some of the food again but I think between stress and that that I am getting in to the mind set to be able to do the liquid diet it just isnt working. But I would defiantly have a last meal that you really love as long as your sensible about it ENJOY :)

I think you should have at least one "last meal". I had just one and am glad I only did it once. Some people go all out and gain weight. I knew someone who had their surgery postponed due to that.

Good luck with your pre-op diet and surgery!!!

OMG! I am the same way I have been doing Atkings induction for weeks and I am just trying to come up with something. Well tonight I decided it will be pizza fest. Low brow I know but it is a fave that I don't want to revisit after due to it's hold on me.:mellow:

Due to the fact that i was on vacation my half of my last week of regular foods i kinda went crazy thinking i am not going to be able to eat like this again lol but on the flip side i was also on the liquid diet half of vacation . If you need anything my inbox is always open and i will im you my phone number. Those days are so of the hardest but you will get thru it. Stock up on sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello those were my stables between the broths and the Protein Shakes. Drink lots of Water. It may seem like liquids last forever but your date will be here before you know it

First of all, congrats on sticking to your decision. Citing your health as the main reason kind of says it all. Looking back, I had my last meal the evening of my 2 week pre-op Dr's visit. My liquid diet started the following morning. I had a crappy Burger King meal that I didn't finish, At the end was disappointed that I didn't opt for something of a more fitting end to my lifetime of excessiveness. From my present perspective, the last meal is the end of your old life. Your new life is going to be so much better. A last meal is the bridge to a new life of deprivation. The truth is, you won't really feel deprived. The way I feel now the last meal didn't matter one bit. My new healthy life, free of medication and struggling with physical limitations is gone. The truth is, it won't matter in 6 months one way or another. Follow your Dr's instructions, he is the professional. Good Luck!