Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you sitting out there on the fence about Sleeve Suegery?

Hi

If you are sitting out there on the fence thinking about having sleeve surgery and you aren't sure what to do I am am here to answer any of your questions and tell you about my experience.

I am Suzanne age 65 and I had "Sleeve" surgery Oct 21, 2008 in Mexicalli with Dr. Aceves. I started out at 225 pounds. It has been about 2 1/2 years ago that I did this. I lost 105 pounds and have maintained my weight loss.

I am excited still each day of my life about how great the "tool" that I was given has worked for me. I know without a doubt that I will always be able to maintain my weight loss. This is the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. You have to have your head in the right place for all this to work for you. I never consider myself on a diet, but that I have made a lifestyle change. I eat healthy and I eat most things that others eat. I just eat very small amounts of food and I never feel deprived at all.

It does take work and effort on your part. This is not some magical cure for you, it is a tool and you have to use it to make it work.

I am here for support and questions that you may have about my weight loss journey and how it can work for you too. Dr. Aceves is the ONLY person that I would ever consider having this surgery with. I am here to tell you he is excellent and his staff are so caring. You will NEVER receive the kind of care he give with any other doctor--let alone the US where it is really awful. His hospital is soooooooo VERY clean and safe. Their driver Ernesto picks you up in San Diego and it is a nice ride with others who are going to the hospital for the same kind of surgery. You are always taken care of from the time they pick you up until the time they return you to to airport.

So please ask me any questions that you may have. We can talk about feeling, emotions, anything you want to know. I am here to help and answer if I can. I can only speak about my experience that I had with Dr. Aceves.

I really want to pay it forward and help others. I had some wonderful people who helped and guided me along the way, and I want to help if I can.

Suzanne Beaty

Eugene, OR

Sleeved Dr. Aceves 10/21/2008

Starting weight 225 pounds, now I am 120 for a weight loss of 105 pounds. It took me about 14 months to lose the weight.

I am most definitely on the fence... I have received approval from my insurance, everything is ready to go.. Just need to schedule a 2nd consult followed by a surgery date..........

I've started logging my food now and everything... I am really starting to debate whether or not I should have this surgery at all...... I am really stressing about it.......

I'd like the surgery because it would make this whole weight loss easier in that I could KEEP it off.. But at the same time, if I ever go on vacation and want to eat a meal, then I should be able to enjoy it, you know? I don't even know what to do..

I think I've decided that I will log my food intake and see how much progress I make with that in three months.. if I am able to lose a satisfactory amount of weight, then maybe I won't have the surgery......

I've tried multiple weight loss programs and haven't been able to keep the weight off... I feel that this time might be a little bit different now that I have a son but....... I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need some advice..............................

Hi,

You haven't said how much weight you want to lose, your age or how long you have been overweight. If logging you food worked for you, then why are you still fat--I tell it like it is. I was fat too. If diet and exercise worked then I would have never needed weight loss surgery. What makes you think that you would not enjoy your food if you went on a vacation--that is just another excuse for not moving forward and having the weight loss surgery. I go out and eat all the time, I eat what other people are eating, I just eat a whole lot less than anyone else. I NEVER feel deprived at all. I don't sit down and eat a who bag of Cookies, I have one or two Cookies and I am very satisfied.

I had the sleeve 2 1/2 years ago and lost 105 pounds in 14 months and have maintained my current weight. The sleeve is a tool (a restriction) that will NOT allow you to over eat. It isn't a miracle cure--you have to put some effort and exercise in it too. If you go on the milk chocolate diet then you are NEVER going to lose the weight.

Don't you feel you are worth the cost of the surgery? Why do we sell ourselves so short and do everything for everyone else? We always make ourselves come last on the list--shame on us we deserve to the it ALL. It is time you put yourself first and do something about your weight before your health becomes worse. You are going to die faster from being fat than you ever will from Weight Loss Surgery. You have to have your head in the right place before you can do this. You have to want this more than you have ever wanted anything else. Why not spend the summer losing that weight instead of having another failure and feeling bad about yourself. Wow I remember how many times I failed at a diet or just gave up and I felt like a failure--that is so wrong. You have a diease and there is a way to fix it.

I know you said your insurance has ok'd you for this surgery. I didn't even try my insurance, because I knew the best Doctor for this kind of surgery was Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I had a grood friend that Dr. Aceves did her surgery and that is how I learned about him. I started doing research for about 6 months on him and others, and every time I always came up with his name for the best in the business. I have never in my entire 65 years of life been treated so well by a doctor and his staff. The care you receive from him is 10 times better than anything you will ever get in the US.

You will have to make a choice at some point and time. Do you want to continue to lose the weight and then reagain it back. I did that for a lot of years. The sleeve was my answer and my tool to allow me to gain control over my life and my eating and my weight loss. I am never on a diet, but I have made a lifestyle change, that has changed my health and my body and how I feel about food. Food does not control me, I control it.

You can do this and there is NO better time than right now. You are just fooling yourself if you think you are going to lose this weight and keep it off, if you could have done that you would have ALREADY DONE IT YEARS AGO. So believe in yourself enough to want the best for yourself and have the surgery.

Do you have any questions about the surgery? Please ask away, I am here to explain anything I can too you.

Take care, and hugs,

Suzanne

Dr. Aceves sleeved me 10/21/2008

Starting weight 225

Weight now 120 :unsure:

I am most definitely on the fence... I have received approval from my insurance, everything is ready to go.. Just need to schedule a 2nd consult followed by a surgery date..........

I've started logging my food now and everything... I am really starting to debate whether or not I should have this surgery at all...... I am really stressing about it.......

I'd like the surgery because it would make this whole weight loss easier in that I could KEEP it off.. But at the same time, if I ever go on vacation and want to eat a meal, then I should be able to enjoy it, you know? I don't even know what to do..

I think I've decided that I will log my food intake and see how much progress I make with that in three months.. if I am able to lose a satisfactory amount of weight, then maybe I won't have the surgery......

I've tried multiple weight loss programs and haven't been able to keep the weight off... I feel that this time might be a little bit different now that I have a son but....... I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need some advice..............................