Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2006 July Banders! ! ! 2006 July Banders! ! !

Yay for July 31! :grouphug:

It does seem sooo far away though. My original date was 7/5 but my work wouldn't let me have it off... bummer :)

i am excited for all of us. i can't wait till we all have the surgery and get to talk about our surgery experiences.

July 14th here

Tampa Florida area

I like the Optifast drinks, though a little research showed that the slimfast optimum drinks are basically the same thing for half the price

48 yr old 6' male, was 425 not sure now after 10 days of Atkins and on 2nd day of Optifast

Looking forward to sailing, going to Gator football games and flying on commercial airplanes again. All things I have cut way back on due to my girth.

Nice to meet everyone

I would like to know what everyone would like to get from this post.

I enjoy pictures. I plan to post lots and lots of pictures. I think visuals help us better understand what everyone is going thru.

I would also like to hear about the good and the bad. What was the one thing that you would change about your surgery experience?

I think this will help the ones having surgery later in the month.

So what would everyone else like to see on our GREAT post?

July 27th for me in Toronto, Ontario. I am scared and excited at the same time!

I posted to another july banders thread.... I also posted a hello on the introduction page if you want to read it...Getting banded JUly 21 in Mexico by Dr. Kuri. Getting very excited! Write me anytime!

Zoe

I’m going into Scripps La Jolla in San Diego, CA on Tuesday the 11<SUP>th</SUP>. :clap2:

I’m meeting w/the surgeon the 5<SUP>th</SUP> and should find out the time then. :bananajump:

I will be starting my liquid diet tomorrow. :) I’m on a 10 day program.

My nerves are on end; will I make it through the liquid diet and then will I be ok once I get to the hospital?

Sorry about the wrong post on the June thread. It was 4am and I guess I wasn't seeing right.:Banane20:

July 21 for me. I am very nervous, very excited, sometimes I think I might cop out and cancel. But I am more worried about what will happen to me if I don't go through it.

CHEERS to all the rest of you. It is a big step is it not?

Surgery is scheduled for July 21st with Dr. Ortiz in TJ, Mexico. :clap2: I am very excited and sooooo ready to lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF. Glad to be a part of the July Bandsters and look forward to reading the posts after everyone's surgery!

Michelle

Hi July5,

Congrats on your decision to get banded this month!!! My name is Kelley and I live in San Diego, CA. My date to be banded is July 12th. I too have experienced a wide range of emotions...excitement, anxiety, you name it. Do you have to do a pre-op liquid diet? I have to do one for ten days prior to my surgery. I started today and this has been a great challenge. I am new to this website and I would like very much to communicate with others. Please let me know how things are going for you.

Kelley B.

Paulax,

Hang in there. Just try to take it one day at a time. I am scheduled for the 12th. and I am anxious to get it done. I am trying to look forward to this as a new beginning..and I am trying to face it with fauth and not fear. Good luck to you!!

Kelley B.

Two weeks to go until band-day.:clap2:

Like Gatorrev I can't wait to do all the things I have been avoiding for the last few years due to my ever expanding girth.

I cant wait to run with my kids, sit comfortably in an airplane seat...as a matter of fact sit comfortably in any seat, to be able to cross my legs with ease, to enjoy shopping for clothes and most of all I can't wait to not be self concious about my size.

What things are you all looking forward to??

:wave: Hi Everyone:

I'm being banded on July 14th with my friend, Colleen. I'm ready to go and start the liquid diet on Friday. I found sugar free lifesaver popsicles tonight. They're awesome! I feel prepared and a little anxious. I think that's to be expected. Best of luck to you all.

Hi Everyone,

I'm not telling anyone what to do or by any means trying to be intrusive. It's just a suggestion. Maybe we can keep one thread with the July Bandsters, it makes it easier for all of us to keep in touch and get to know each other. The first thread is this one http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=250471#post250471

I know alot of you have posted on the first thread and also this one. So what do you all think? Like I said, it's really no biggy I just thought it would be easier. :D