Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've read most people say they have some sort of sign when they are full like burp or hiccup. When/if you do overeat will you go ahead and throw up or do you just feel bad for a while? If you do throw up is it more like you just go make yourself do it so you can stop feeling bad or is it like you have to run to the bathroom? And the bad feeling you get is it more like pain or more like the feeling you got pre-sleeve when you ate way too much? I don't plan on overeating of course but just curious what would happen if you did. Also when you first started eating again was it easy to tell when you were full or did you have problems telling what your "sign" was at first?

I've read most people say they have some sort of sign when they are full like burp or hiccup. When/if you do overeat will you go ahead and throw up or do you just feel bad for a while? If you do throw up is it more like you just go make yourself do it so you can stop feeling bad or is it like you have to run to the bathroom? And the bad feeling you get is it more like pain or more like the feeling you got pre-sleeve when you ate way too much? I don't plan on overeating of course but just curious what would happen if you did. Also when you first started eating again was it easy to tell when you were full or did you have problems telling what your "sign" was at first?

Well...honestly, I have had to make myself because I'm to uncomfortable and feel sick to my tummy. It is a different feeling then pre-sleeved for me. My hardest issue is eating a 1/2 - full cup over 20-30 minutes. I am a little under 4 weeks out. I have had to do this maybe 3-4 times. Hope this helps.

I had to make myself throw up a few times also. I sometimes eat too fast, which can cause me to over eat. The feeling is very uncomfortable. For me, the food feels like it is in my throat waiting to come up. I do my best to let it pass because I don't want to throw up but I will start sweating and kinda burping it up. I feel like I will likely throw up anyway, but it is taking too long so I try to get it over with rather than prolong the miserable feeling.

I had a really hard time at first learning how much to eat. It's really true that it takes 20 min for your brain to catch up. If I ate until I felt full at the table, I was

miserable 20 min later. I had to learn to gauge a portion. Even if I didn't feel full when I was done. 20 minutes later, I was glad I stopped.

Usually when you eat too much, , you start sliming where your mouth just keeps filling up with saliva.

I have thrown up because I just felt so miserable and I didn't want to wait until it came up on it's own. That has not happened in a very long time though.