Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dr garcia in tijuana

Has anyone used dr garcia in tijuana- in a "new" facility with a lighterme?

I was wonder the same thing. Can't find any information on Dr. Garcia or the new Hospital MI, but Sandy did say should have a new web site up April 15. But after reading this forum may change to Dr. Kelly.

I'll be going to Tiajuana for surgery on August 11th and was assigned the same Dr. Garcia as well (a lighter me). Found Dr. Garcia on http://www.obesitysolutionsinternational.com/doctors.php after I asked Sandy about his info.

Not sure if you all have already had your surgery, but I also sent in some questions that I compiled to get answered by Dr. Garcia. Once I get a response, I will post those as well. If you already had your surgery w/ Dr. Garcia, please let me know how your experience is!

What size sleeve would you recommend for someone of my size? Is 32 the smallest? How do you determine the size?

Based on my preop results, can you predict any possible complications from this surgery?

My spanish is very poor, if I suffer extreme pain, what is the prrotocol to let a nurse know that a doctor needs to be called? What if he doesn't speak English?

What is the procedure should I have any complications during surgery and I need to be transported to ER?

Do you have arrangements with the hosipitals in San Diego should I need to transported to a US facility?

How many gastric sleeves have you performed?

Is your infection rate comparable to other Bariatric surgeons in Tijuana? I ask because there are some forums that have some pretty scary stories out there.

What steps should I take should I have any complications once I return to the US?

Should I have my family doctor take out my stiches or can I take them out myself?

What kinds of pain medications are prescribed?

Will I see you for a follow up before i fly back home?

When should I be able to return to work? Swim? Start a vigorous exercise regimen?

What are my chances of death with this operation?

i would have to agree with borderguy....look into dr acevs... best of luck...

tou should consider Mexicali better. Dr. Aceves or Dr. Abril are the way to go...

I don't know anything about Dr Garcia, sorry. But I highly recommend Dr Kelly in Tijuana MX. I was sleeved in May with him. I had a wonderful experience. Very little pain, no nausea, etc. His coordinator Trish is right there in TJ also, and is very helpful and will do everything she can for you. You can read my day by day experience on my profile in the "about me" section if you're interested. Good luck!!

:)