Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My dr told me to take 1200mg a day of liquid Calcium Citrate once I am on the full liquids part of my diet. So I went to vitacost.com and found this one which seems to be a flavor that I will like. http://www.vitacost.com/Lifetime-Liquid-Calcium-Magnesium-Citrate-Pina-Colada

Then, while on there I decided to get the Magnesium citrate that I need for the day before surgery, and my search once again came up with this. http://www.vitacost.com/Lifetime-Liquid-Calcium-Magnesium-Citrate-Pina-Colada. Am I looking for two different things or are the liquid Calcium the same as the magnesium citrate? Please help. I dont want to get the wrong thing. :(

Thanks!

The amount of magnesium citrate you want for the day before surgery is a lot more than the 300 mg in the calcium/magnesium citrate liquid. You want straight magnesium citrate from a drug store to use as a laxative before surgery. The magnesium in the Calcium formulation is there to help regulate how your body uses and stores the calcium.

You could also get the liquid calcium citrate with Vitamin D at costco and its really good (at least I think so). Everyone seems to be deficient in the vit D.

Here is a link to what kind I get at costco. Costco - Wellesse Liquid Calcium

I just noticed the kind you found was one 16 oz bottle for 8$ and the costco one is 33.8oz per bottle and the price is 16$ for a two pack. Much cheaper at Costco.

I think you have to order it online in the US. Here in Canada they sell it at the warehouse.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

As mentioned above, the magnesium citrate is to purge your body , completely clean it out! Not the same at all,

My doctor does not require liquid calcium citrate so I will either have the calcium chews or lozenges.

They are pretty carb-y, but mine is not as bad as yours. My liquid has 10 gms per 2 Tbsp and 1000 mg. of calcium citrate. The Calcet lemon bites I used to take were 14 gms and 80 calories for 1000 mg. of Calcium. Can you take the pills eventually? They are big and kiind of hard to swallow early out but have no calories.

Thank you all so much for your help. I went to my pharmacy and even the pharmacist was confused. lol. @AutumnLily.. I went to Rite Aid yesterday and found a 16oz bottle of the Wellesse for $5. I know its a touch more than the costco, but I figured I could try it out, and it would time me over till I can get there. And I was surprised it only has 4 grams of carbs. Thats not bad at all! Thank you for the heads up. I am going to costco this week to see if they have the big bottles since my surgery is a week from today *gasp* and I have to get the Protein drinks and such. :D

Thanks so much again!