Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Size 22 ! My NSV :)

I posted this on another canadian board, but I wanted to share with you guys too, so apologizes to whoever ends up reading this twice!!! I'm just very happy today :biggrin1:

Woooooo! I decided to kill some time and go to Penningtons to see what I could find. I mostly wanted to try on some jeans and see if I've gone down very much in size. The jeans I have now are loose-ish, but I just wanted to see what actually FIT. So I grab a couple pairs... I was aiming for a size 22. The ones I was wearing were a 26, but I've also got some in 24 and 25 (weird Walmart size).

So, I try them on, and they fitttt! Not tight, not loose, just fit. They're a tad tighter in the thigh than I'd like, and of course too long. One has some kinda yucky embroidery on the back pockets, and the other's back pockets are covered with rhinestones!

They were both on sale from $60 to $45, so I decided I'd just get one. I haaate to spend money on clothes, especially now that I won't be able to wear them for years! (or until I wear the inner thighs out and they rip open... anyone else do that?)

I decided on the rhinestone ones, cause I figured they'd be easily picked off, and I wear long shirts anyways. There were 30% off signs all over the store, so I played dumb and asked the clerk if the jeans were (more) on sale too, knowing full well that the rack I pulled them off of wasn't marked 30% off. I was hoping I'd get lucky. She scanned them for me, and her jaw dropped. $25, she said! I ran and grabbed the other ones she'd put away, and asked her to check those too. Same thing $25 ! Yeeeeehaw! So I got both. $120 worth of jeans for $50!

Anyways... so not only did I get to buy size 22 jeans, but I got a super deal on them. Lucky for me, cause now I'll have to pay someone to shorten them for me. (my days of wearing holes in the backs of my too long jeans are over!) I'm still gonna hold on to my 26,25,24 size jeans, cause I still like them, even if they're starting to look stupid. The day they literally won't stay on, will be their retirement!

And some day, my size 26-ers are going to be the ones that me and 3 friends (LOL) stand in and take a picture with!

Just wanted to share this with 'yous' (I'm learning NB speak). :eek:

Mandi

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yeeehaaaaaa...that is an awesome NSV Argon!!! Woooot wooooot! And the good deal on top of that!! Now I feel like running do our local Penningtons!!! hahaha.

Bummer about the hemming...I KNOW how that feels too....who on EARTH ARE these tall Amazon women that they are making the "regular" inseams for anyways??? HUHHHH?????? I am 5'5" and I am "average" height, so why are pants ALWAYS wayyyyyy too long on me!???

Ooops, I digressed.....way to go Argon!! And....the NB speak looks good on ya!! hahahaa. Yous done well!

:canada: :canada:

Good job Mandi! Isn't it exciting? I bought some clothes yesterday too, I'm down to a 20, 2 sizes, I'm very happy. I have the exact opposite problem that you and Yoda have, I'm 5'10" and EVERYTHING IS TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the fashion industry thinks that fat girls just can't be tall. Congratulations on your loss, way to go, keep up the good work!!

Buffie:....hey!!!! *waves* so you mean to tell me the "regular" inseams are too short for you???!!! Go figure, eh?!!!

Well, at least we can sympathize with each other even if for the opposite reason!!! haha.

Okay, so if some of us (most?) are too short (despite our "normal" height) and others are too tall....WHERE are these so called inbetween gals??!!!!

You're like my sister...she is also 5'10" (dunno WHAT happened to me??!) ....mind you she is skiiiiiiiiny!!!!