Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Eating Today?

I thought it might be nice to list what you ate for a particular meal, listing what phase you are in, as it might give someone else an idea of something to eat. I hate to list just a food item in the recipe thread.

I'll start: :hungry:

I'm in the mushie phase and for lunch today I had pureed chicken salad (more of a paste) and some banana apple sauce.

I'm in the mushie phase and for lunch today I had pureed chicken salad (more of a paste) and some banana apple sauce.

I'm not banded yet, so I'm sure my diet applies. :hungry: But.. I will be banded at the end of July. How do you do with the pureed food? I'm sure it taste just like the un pureed chicken but I have a gag reflux and I just can't imagine how I'm going to do this mushy stuff.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not banded yet, so I'm sure my diet applies. :hungry: But.. I will be banded at the end of July. How do you do with the pureed food? I'm sure it taste just like the un pureed chicken but I have a gag reflux and I just can't imagine how I'm going to do this mushy stuff.

Thanks in advance!

It's okay as long as you mix it up a bit. Pureed fruit or meat would become tiring for every meal. If you like cream of wheat that's a different texture, as are Soups. For the chicken salad I was told I could put onion and mayo in it as long as the onion is pureed. The mayo is nice at making it creamy but you have to be careful of how much you put in as it adds lots of extra calories.

My doctor was funny, he said you could always use low-cal mayo but that stuff doesn't taste good so who wants to. :) I swear I love my doctor! :eek:

I just keep telling myself, it's not forever, it's just two weeks. :P

YOU CAN TOTALLY DO IT! If I, the pastry/pasta queen can do this, then ANYONE CAN DO IT!! :clap2:

I'm 9 days pre-op and all I can have are liquids, so I'm dealing with that right now. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for suggestions and ideas for my post-op diet.

Thanks for the info. and even more so for the encouragement. I know you all can do it too!! Hang in there, it's almost over for you. Best of luck! I'll also keep an eye on this thread and take my notes. :typing:

LOL ok so I am not banded, but I just returned from the store where low and behold a new brand of sushi was in the deli.... I usually hate Sushi from the store cuz its hard and most times yucki...LOL but I saw it and wanted it!!!! So I just ate it and it was FABULOUS!!!!!!

ok, NOW YOU PROBABLY THINK...THAT WITCH WHY IS SHE POSTING THIS???? Well it was a spicy tuna california roll.... So when I ever do get banded I will be eating this!!!! Just take off the outer layer of rice and the spicy tuna is already pureed...and it was soooo soft, absolutly will have this again!!!! It is made by Okami it was $2.98 and was delish...LOL I really wish I could find a great spicy tuna recipe then I could just make it myself

Well, I'm about 10 months post banding with 2.75cc fill in a 4cc band.

Breakfast was a yogurt.

lunch was a small salad with a couple ounces of turkey breast.

Mid-afternoon snack: an iced non-fat latte (no sugar / syrup)

dinner is a bbq'd chicken leg and steamed cauliflower.

Dessert later in the evening will be some cherries fresh picked off the tree in the backyard

And of course, copious amounts of Water and Crystal Lite...

For dinner I mashed up some brocolli florets and mixed them with some instant mashed potatoes. Added a little salt and some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. I let my daughter taste it and she ate what was leftover. I thought it was pretty darn tasty. :)

The kids have their cousins over to stay so I made pancakes this morning, I had one small one with a bit of lemon and sugar. For lunch we've got some minestrone I made yesterday and the kids will have toast with that and I've got a fetta and spinach scone and dinner is going to be roast chicken, roast potatoes and steamed veg.

Last night for dinner (still in the mushie stage) and I had some mashed brocolli florets, topped it with spaghetti sauce and a little parmesan cheese. It was pretty good. Today for lunch I am having some small curd cottage cheese and some chicken Soup.< /p>

Can you share the address for your recipe board?

Thanks!

I sent you a PM earlier today. :grouphug:

OKay, for dinner (mushie phase) I stopped by Boston Market and got some creamed spinach. Quite nice! :hungry:

:rolleyes Duh, I forgot part of my dinner. I also got the meatloaf and mashed that up, sans the gravy. Their hamburger is really fine so you don't have to do a lot to it to smooth it out.

I'm on mushies, but I've been eating some soft solids too, chewing them to uber mush in my mouth. Today - Breakfast was Protein shake and supplements, snack was low fat cottage cheese, lunch was small dill and lemon tuna salad with low fat mayo and some melon and vegetable cocktail. dinner was homemade humus - just blended canned chick peas with garlic, ginger, and lime and super soft poached trout with 0 cal butter spray, lime, and sodium free potassium salt. some berries and low cal cool whip for dessert. and LOADS of bottled Water flavoured with lime and stevia (herbal sweetner) all day long. later will have a Dannon silouhette fat free and sugar free yogurt drink, and before bed chai tea made with low fat coconut milk. I aim for 900-1200 calories a day, and 70-100 grams of Protein, and stay under 30 grams of fat. I use fit day to track it.

I try to pick foods low in fat, low on the glycemic index. I'm eating homemade humus and other blended bean mixes with garlic and lime and ginger a fair bit. Microwaved mashed yams with butter flavor spray. low fat dairy - the yogurt drinks, cottage cheese, and fat free processes swiss cheese slices. Lots of berries, rasperries, blackberries and blueberries mostly. Also melons. Occasionally advocado. fish - tuna, salmon, trout, artificial crab all of these I've been eating mashed well into a soft salad with low fat mayo and lime. Egg sensations brand egg whites the cheese and chive flavor, with a little butter spray cooked in the microwave egg poacher, or I let them cool and add low fat mayo to make mock egg salad... one of my favorites. I usually mash my fruit with a couple of table spoons of cool whip light, and if the berries need it, a little stevia to sweeten it up more. Also motts no sugar added apple and peach sauce blends. pureed vegetable Soups the kind you buy pre-made in the cartons. - blended green vegetable, pea Soup, carrot soup, butternut squash soup, are some of my faves. Getting veggies drinking vegetable cocktail too. I aim for 4 servings of veggies a day, and 3 of fruit. It's been great so far.

XO

Leila