Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I can not help but wonder....does the sleeve work for everyone or does it fail for some?

I know that it is a tool and if it is abused, it will not work, but there are so many success stories that I read and I don't think I ever hear anything negative. I wonder if it seriously fails for anyone?

Does anyone out there know of anyone that it just did not work for?

I guess the reason I ask is that I have such a HUGE fear of failure. Again, I know it is something that I have to use and that if I don't do the work, it will not work, but I am so afraid that it is not going to work for me!

Thanks for listening.

Kelly

It can and does fail, or at least some PEOPLE fail the sleeve. If you are hell bent on eating too much, too often and the wrong things then you can gain or regain your weight. It is a tool, a very good tool to limit your intake, possibly remove some hunger and help YOU the "user" accomplish a weight loss. YOU have to start and maintain a proper diet, from the operation on out. NOTHING is guaranteed.

So, I can not help but wonder....does the sleeve work for everyone or does it fail for some?

I know that it is a tool and if it is abused, it will not work, but there are so many success stories that I read and I don't think I ever hear anything negative. I wonder if it seriously fails for anyone?

Does anyone out there know of anyone that it just did not work for?

I guess the reason I ask is that I have such a HUGE fear of failure. Again, I know it is something that I have to use and that if I don't do the work, it will not work, but I am so afraid that it is not going to work for me!

Thanks for listening.

Kelly

I literally can not imagine this procedure not working. Even if you ate ice cream and brownies all the time, it just makes no sense that having eliminated hunger along with eighty percent of your stomach you would not at least lose something. I think there are people who gain their weight back -- there is always a small rebound effect with extreme weight loss over time and it might be hard to keep off some of the creep. But there is just * no way* you can fail to become reasonably smaller than you are now. Of course it's going to work. Maybe there's the possibility of ultimately only losing sixty percent of your excess weight over time instead of a hundred, , but as far as it not working at all -- it's not possible.

I've been reading weight loss boards for 7 yrs and I mean daily, yes I am a little obsessed lol. I have never read where a sleever lost no weight or gained it all back. A few haven't lost all they wanted to but most times that was due to not being compliant with post op guidelines. And sometimes there is a slight bounce back as people try to get their maintenance diet adjusted. But we all think we're going to be the one that fails. Due to previous weight loss attempts, it's difficult to wrap our heads around this being successful. I think it's a natural fear.

... But we all think we're going to be the one that fails. Due to previous weight loss attempts, it's difficult to wrap our heads around this being successful. I think it's a natural fear.

AMEN! I felt the exact same way. I was sure I would be the failure. But, with a little committment on your part, you can be successful!