Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for Banding on 7/7/06 in Frankfurt, Germany

Hi:

I'm new to this site and have already gathered a lot of valuable info., thanks! I'm scheduled to be banded on 7/7 and haven't received a lot of information from my doctor, although he is suppose to be excellent. I recently transferred to Germany with my job (still in a hotel), so I will be driving myself to the hospital the day before surgery for extensive tests, and according to my doctor should be able drive myself home on 7/8 or 7/9, and return to work on 7/10. However, from what I've read on this site that doesn't seem to be the norm. Has anyone experienced recovery that quickly? Also, are there any bandsters out there in the Mannheim, Germany area? Thanks!

HI! And welcome to LBT!! Congratz on your date! It is exciting to be this close isn't it? I am getting banded on the 10th.

As for the pain after, some people deal with it really well. Some don't. It is all personal I think. Do you have anyone that can drive you home just in case? Or maybe your doctor can suggest a car service to come and pick you up.

Hi Funny:

Thanks for getting back to me, boy you're up late, or is it early? I'm very excited as well. I followed along about your apron surgery, and am glad that you're going to be able to have your lap band surgery instead. I could probably ask someone to pick me up, but I hate to, Frankfurt is about 40 miles away from where I live in Mannheim, and if worse comes to worse I suppose I can get a taxi and pick my car up later. However, I'm believing for the absolute best! Dr. Rudolf Weiner is doing the surgery (see link below), have you ever heard of him? I hadn't until I got here, but evidently people have been coming from the US to have him perform this surgery for years (read Roberta's story if you get a chance), it's much cheaper than in the states, $7550.00 for everything, and that includes as long as I need in the hospital, test, meds, after care and fills. Also, something else that I didn't discover until I moved here is that eastern Europe is full of excellent cosmetic surgeons, and their prices are great compared to the states, so I plan to have everything done before I leave here. I can hardly wait to feel comfortable at long last in my own skin.

I wish you all the best with your surgery, and will be praying that everything goes perfectly, and for a speedy recovery.

Best,

Vicki

http://www.profweiner.com/about_us.htm

I drove 48 hours later a 40 mile on way trip a did fine. you will be okay.

good luck

banded June 21, 2006

weight.png

Thanks, that's great news, I'm confident that I won't have any problems, I guess I'm just a little nervous. Congratulations on having your surgery last week!