Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reduce intake and tighten your stomach/band?

I decided to watch my intake ever so much more closely. I cut out carbs. OMGosh !!!!! (was 217 two weeks ago, and am now a happy 211)

Well, here is the weird issue: I went to dinner and decided to enjoy my dinner in the order they serve it - salad then fried rice then chicken then veggies (we went to a japanese steak house where they cook the food in front of you)

I could not eat more then 3 bites of salad and two bites of rice and I was DONE - I mean things coulda gotten UGLY done.

I went from eating close to if not a 1000 plus calories a day to 500 - 600 a day.

Do you think my band/stomach tightened?

We went back to that same resturant today (our families favorite and my InLaws came into town) and I had Soup no salad. I had 3 bites of the AWSOME rice, and then I ate my chicken and then a few bites of the veggies (bamboo shoots zuchini and onions). Dinner was MUCH more enjoyable today, as I held off and focused on my Protein.

DH and I think I just ate too fast yesterday.

But I still seem to have really good restriction!

I don't know what to say about that. I wouldn't think it would be possible to tighten your band by cutting out carbs. Great weight loss during that time though!! I had my first fill last Thursday, 1.5cc. I really don't feel much restriction and have been eating regular food all along. I feel hungry, but now I wonder if this is just head hunger. I'm not sure what restriction should feel like. The fill has not really caused me to eat less than before. Sorry, I've been absolutely no help!

Roberta

Don't know Melanie -- give it a few weeks though. I've noticed my band is pretty fickle. I'll feel tighter for a few days then looser sometimes. Sticking to Protein & produce definitely lowers my cravings though.

Roberta -- chances are you just need more fill and are still feeling hungry like you did pre-band. Getting more fill will cut down on that hunger. Some of it probably is head-hunger, but I bet not all. If your doc has an open door policy on fills, you might want to call and make another appt.

Mel...looks like rice might be the factor here? Just a few bites of it and you are DONE! Yes, cutting the carbs is absolutely helpful...but many folks have trouble with rice. And while you don't appear to have trouble with it, you eat it, and you are stuffed! Work this little piece of info to your advantage, girl!

I find that if I cut back on my food, I'm simply not as hungry. I have no idea how the band fits into this scenario, but the more I eat the more I want the more I CAN eat. Once my intake is reasonable for weight loss, I'm less hungry. The only thing I can figure is when I'm paying attention and choosing well, I'm choosing high protien, low carb (NOT "NO" Carb) and my body is better nourished.

That's what I think, anyway? YMMV.

Exactly Kathy!!!!!

When I do not eat, I do not get hungry !!!

I am stll loosing very steadily. And see that I can and will do this, I will see this trought to the end, and reach my goal!!

I can eat rice fine, I think I just 'wolfed' down, as I was talking and to animated in the conversation and the hibachi grill and everything that was going on?

We ate at that resturant two more times as it is a family fave, and remote family came in from out of town and we took them there.... not a problem. Of course I only ate a few bites, to maintain my low to no carb rules... but did great!

I am thinking of getting a fill Aug 3rd, at my husband's and mine appt. It will be the last one I get for free.