Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I DID IT!! Now part of the band

Well, :dance: yes, it is true. June 20th was the day.

I did well with the surgery - but not so well with the anethetics (sp) . I had the dry heave :confused: for over 48 hours. Meds just didn't help. I couldn't keep myself awake for more than 5 minutes at a time and finally started sleeping through all the nurses. The gas pains went straight to my back immediately. I had temp issues, too. I almost had to stay in an extra night BUT I managed (how I do not know) to sneek in some of my Water and finally was sent home after 5 pm.

Each day gets better - I am trying not to sleep at all during the day - but damn, when the heating pad is warming up on my belly and nothing is on the tv - it is very hard not shutting them eyes for a few winks.

All the bandaids have come off leaving the steri stips and looking pretty good - My belly is still puffy and I do have some pains lower back and in my neck. I have LOTS of hiccups and burps. (attractive). I also have not been on any meds since the day of my surgery.

Dr. said my insides were the best that he has seen in a long time :P and that I had a cute little liver (now how many times have you heard that in your life.

Not hungry at this point - trying to keep the Water in - and adding things as the days go on - atleast I can stand being around other food smells -

Even though you can't see it in my signature, I am down close to 20#'s as of this morning:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . Go for my 1 week post-op on Tues.

Thank you all for your helpful information prior to my banding - this site is just full of all the info you could need to make you understand what's going to and is happening during this experience.

Talk to you all soon

Tracy

Bubbly,

My band date was 6/20 too and am down 10 lbs. But 20 lbs is great! Keep up the good work..........

Where did you have your surgery?

Stella - had surgery in Fort Atkinson, WI ( our towns hospital) they will also do all of my post-op fills right there too. Doesn't hurt that Dr. and I sit at the sidelines of our kids soccer games together.

As for the 20#'s, I was on liquid diet for 10 days prior to so that helps add into the good numbers. You're doing awesome too. Congrats and good luck

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches