Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date....April 19th!

So excited to learn today that my sleeve is less than a month away! WAHOOO!!! Anyone else being sleeved on April 19th??

I'm being sleeved on Monday, April 18th! Keep us posted on your progress!

Something comforting about knowing someone is going thru this at the same time so we will have to keep track of each other ;).

Yes Im being sleeved on april 19th as well. A little nervous but excited too!!! Good luck and God bless!!!

So excited to learn today that my sleeve is less than a month away! WAHOOO!!! Anyone else being sleeved on April 19th??

I'm scheduled for the 21st. Super excited. I know what you mean about knowing there are others going through this around the same time. We're gonna do GREAT!

I'm scheduled for the 21st. Super excited. I know what you mean about knowing there are others going through this around the same time. We're gonna do GREAT!

Hey guys! I went for my pre-op testing Monday. I am so anemic that they canceled my surgery. I am devastated to so the least. I had everything ready. Work arrange, post op supplies purchased, day care arranged, etc. They will not even talk about rescheduling until they figure out why I am so anemic. Going for further testing next week. I am beyond words disappointed! :(

I'm being sleeved on Monday, April 18th! Keep us posted on your progress!

I'm on the 18th as well. Excited and terrified and thrilled and every emotion imaginable right now!

Good luck to all!

I was scheduled for the 19th but got it moved up to the 14th biggrin.gif ... Seeing the post about the anemia was a great reminder to pop a couple of my Iron pills, but I really feel sorry for you ASBgirl!!!, but don't worry, anemia is usually an easily diagnosed and fixed thing... mine is from my Ventolin asthma inhalers... BTW: if they give you an iron supplement, make sure not to take it within 1 hour of consuming anything with caffeine or milk (they both bond with the iron and prevent absorption) Good Luck!!!!

I was scheduled for the 19th but got it moved up to the 14th :D ... Seeing the post about the anemia was a great reminder to pop a couple of my Iron pills, but I really feel sorry for you ASBgirl!!!, but don't worry, anemia is usually an easily diagnosed and fixed thing... mine is from my Ventolin asthma inhalers... BTW: if they give you an Iron supplement, make sure not to take it within 1 hour of consuming anything with caffeine or milk (they both bond with the iron and prevent absorption) Good Luck!!!!

Oh no! I knew not to take the iron with caffeine but I did take it with milk darn it! Good luck to you on the 14th. Keep us posted! :D

Thanks~!!! will do biggrin.gif

Most Iron supplements say: Avoid taking antacids, dairy products, tea, or coffee within 2 hours before or after this medication because they will decrease its effectiveness. Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking this medication. biggrin.gif i didn't actually know this either until my pharmacist told me biggrin.gif