Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At one month out ( tomorrow), how many carbs did you bring in?

I'm doing well ( I think). I started back at the gym this week, so Water and Protein needed to be even higher. I hit almost 100g Protein ( which I think is great) at least 2 1/2L h2o, but I also hit 80 carbs. I find I'm craving milk to no end. I'm drinking only skim now, but I'm drinking ALOT of milk. Is 80 carbs way too much? My calories were at 850 with 10g fat. Can anyone give some insite?

Also, anyone get advice from their doctors as to when they could resume weights after surgery? I've only been doing cardio so far, but I really want to get into the weights area.

Thanks

Heather

I was cleared for weights at 6 weeks. But that is my doctor. You might want to check with your doc to make sure they do not want you to wait longer.

Carbs I try to keep below 40 but there are days when I go over. When I stalled after one week I decided to up my calories and I did it with some carbs (note it was good carbs BTW). For 3 days I took in almost 100g and it kicked started my weightloss. Now this is me and how my body reacted. Others may find any carbs over 40g will make them stall. Its a guessing game really on how your body is going to relate to all the changes.

Are you seeing weightloss with what you are doing right now? Or are you stalled?

The reason you crave milk because it has a lot of carbs in it. ONe 8 ounce glass of milk has a lot of Protein in it but it also has 13 grams of carbs..I kept my protein from 60-75 grams a day and my carbs under 40. I know milk is very good for you but the nutrientional value can be deceiving..

I am also not cleared for weight training until 6 weeks.

Carbs are on my plan, so I do eat them.

I'm doing well ( I think). I started back at the gym this week, so Water and Protein needed to be even higher. I hit almost 100g Protein ( which I think is great) at least 2 1/2L h2o, but I also hit 80 carbs. I find I'm craving milk to no end. I'm drinking only skim now, but I'm drinking ALOT of milk. Is 80 carbs way too much? My calories were at 850 with 10g fat. Can anyone give some insite?

Also, anyone get advice from their doctors as to when they could resume weights after surgery? I've only been doing cardio so far, but I really want to get into the weights area.

Thanks

Heather

I've had loads of skimmed milk from day 2 post surgery and my carbs are/were always a bit too high because that. I tried soya milk for a while to lower my carbs but I just hate it. So yeah I drink milk and I have to put up with the slower weight loss, but I don't think I could survive without it :unsure:

I am also not cleared for weight training until 6 weeks.

Carbs are on my plan, so I do eat them.

Carbs are also on my plan, my nut told me not to count them!

Autumnlily- I am in a stall right now. Actually a gain. I've always gained weight the first few days of being at gym again. This time was no different. I was keeping my carbs around 50-60, but I figured after the gain and the start of the gym that the carbs ( and extra Protein ) might kick me out of it. It's has started to work to

I was down to 189 about 4-5 days ago. Then I started back at the gym and 2 days agao i hit 194.5!! I know I can't gain that in fat, but man did that suck!! So I figured I'd up my carbs for a week or so to see how it went. I was trying to figure out if 80 was TOO much though. Last night I was back down to 190.

Has anyone else found protien shakes to be kinda yucky if not made with milk?

I just checked my food log and I was between 20-35 g per day when I was one month out. I still try to keep my carbs as low as possible becuase that is the only thing that seems to work for me.

I also wasn't cleared to lift weights until 6 weeks post-op.