Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The first few weeks SUCK!

It will get better! You barely meet a sleever on these boards who...after they have healed, regret surgery.

There is also unflavored Protein called "Beneprotein" It's pretty good and I think is more "flavorless" than powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. The cheapest I found it is on www.medco.com

Good luck and I promise....IT WILL GET BETTER :):D

I am so glad to have the support of this board! It stinks so many of us are or have gone through this. Its really one of those times right now where I regret the stinkin surgery. Hubby keeps saying I will be thrilled 6 months from now, I sure hope he is right.

My heartburn (which I did not have pre-op) is frustrating too, I know its not helping with how crappy I feel. Just talked to a PA and he told me to up my dosage and take another prilosec tonight. I am going in tomorrow and he said they may decide to scope me too because I do get that stuck feeling too often.

Man, I knew this surgery would be rough but it is still more than I had prepared myself for.

Thanks everyone for the support!

I had that stuck feeling too, and my Dr said to up my Nexium to twice a day and so far it has helped a lot. Hardly feel it anymore. Good luck to you!!

I am 2.5 weeks out and filled with regret. I know that this is temporary! It HAS to be! :) I guess I am just thinking about how huge going out to dinner has been the center of all and everything social for my family and now, I will never be able to really be a part of that again. It is so weird. I went to see my doc after one week and he put me on mushies. I didn't feel ready, because everyone on here is on full liquids much longer than I had to be. I definitely don't want a leak. I waited a couple of days and have just started mushies. A couple of bites of anything and I am done. I don't want to live my life on a couple of bites. Also, can anyone tell me....will I have to sip for the rest of my life, or will I ever be able to drink major gulps at a time. I am so thirsty and sipping isn't cutting it. I have one more full week off and go back to work the beginning of April. I hope my energy will be up for the little Kindergartners. They take so much energy to teach! This has been a struggle and I have to say, it really has all just been in my head. Physically, this has been easy. Hopefully one day, I am going to tell future sleevers my story and that it DOES GET BETTER!!

I am 2.5 weeks out and filled with regret. I know that this is temporary! It HAS to be! :) I guess I am just thinking about how huge going out to dinner has been the center of all and everything social for my family and now, I will never be able to really be a part of that again. It is so weird. I went to see my doc after one week and he put me on mushies. I didn't feel ready, because everyone on here is on full liquids much longer than I had to be. I definitely don't want a leak. I waited a couple of days and have just started mushies. A couple of bites of anything and I am done. I don't want to live my life on a couple of bites. Also, can anyone tell me....will I have to sip for the rest of my life, or will I ever be able to drink major gulps at a time. I am so thirsty and sipping isn't cutting it. I have one more full week off and go back to work the beginning of April. I hope my energy will be up for the little Kindergartners. They take so much energy to teach! This has been a struggle and I have to say, it really has all just been in my head. Physically, this has been easy. Hopefully one day, I am going to tell future sleevers my story and that it DOES GET BETTER!!

Believe me it IS temporary. No way do I feel amazing and super duper every single day, but I think that is just a normal part of life. I can tell you this, being 6 months out my world has taken on a different shape entirely! Even literally... LOL :lol:

I can now eat more than a couple bites. I can fortably eat about 3 oz of solid Protein, a few bites of veggies and a few bites of good carbs. I pretty much never eat white carbs though... and about the Water, the answer is no you will never be able to guzzle Water again (at least I've never seen anyone that could yet) like you did pre surgery. I can guzzle more now than first out (could only take tiny sips!) but still I doubt I'll ever get to suck down a 16 oz bottle in 5 minutes like before... Right now I can do 16 oz in about 20 minutes, so really its not that bad.

Also, it never hurts to take your time with moving from step to step food wise. Even at two months out I was still acclimating myself to solids. I don't think I got the hang of all solids until about 3 months out. This surgery is to be taken in baby steps. It's going to change your life, and you will never know exactly what it's like until you are on the other side.

Take your time, be patient with yourself. Everything will fall into place, promise!

I had to learn to make the Protein tolerable. I stopped using the unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. It's just nasty. I started usuing Special K Protein Water. It's only 5 grams, but it's more than nothing. But, it's tastes like Crystal Light which I don't like. So, I started mixing it with about 2 tablespoons of Simply Lemonade. That totally killed the "protein" taste. I noticed the chocolate Unjury wasn't so bad, so I started drinking that with milk, sometimes I'd crush some ice in it, sometimes I'd put peanutbutter in it. I ate the Campbell's Chunky chicken Brocolli cheese & Potato Soup, about 3 tbsp at a time, for about 2 weeks straight. It has plenty of protein in it, and I could puree it, it kept me full and it tasted good. Read labels and look for Proteins. You're gong to make yourself sick and take longer healing if you don't get enough.

It was within the first 3 weeks that I asked what did I do to myself and why did I do it? I'm 6 weeks out and I still have to nap everyday because by the time I get off of work I'm worn out; I never was like that before. But, it's all worth it. It doesn't suck so bad now. I think around the middle/end of week 3 it starts getting normal again.