Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went and bought a bunch of very small plates from IKEA for about a buck a piece or some ridiculous small price. They are very pretty, I bought 5 of all different colors... I just keep in mind to eat a portion of Protein the size of a deck of cards. I get a very small amount on non white carbs and a good size portion of veggies. It gets me to near full, and I never really finish the carbs portion either.

Not only that I bought some serving utensils that measure out 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup and 1 full cup. It's really helpful.

:)

Thanks My sister was just telling about some plates she purchased at Ikea..I guess I'll have to make a road trip..lol

I went to a restaurant supply store and bought a 2 oz dish, a 3 oz dish, and a 6 oz bowl. They look like condiment bowls, but it helps me vizualize what I should be eating. I actually bought them weeks before the surgery to try and get my head around what I was doing.

They work great!

My doctors office sells one Plate here, however I have yet to be able to eat as much as the plate shows.

My doctors office sells one Plate here, however I have yet to be able to eat as much as the plate shows.

I think that might be the one I was thinking of...thanks sooooo much...

I went to a restaurant supply store and bought a 2 oz dish, a 3 oz dish, and a 6 oz bowl. They look like condiment bowls, but it helps me vizualize what I should be eating. I actually bought them weeks before the surgery to try and get my head around what I was doing.

They work great!

Oh wow that is a great idea, I was trying to picture in my head 1oz of food, ugh...that would be a great help until we get used to portion sizes..

I also recently got the Glad (store bought tupperware) containers that are 4 oz. They have been ESSENTIAL in my eating once I went back to work. I fill them about halfway (2oz) with whatever I am going to eat during the day and that takes the guesswork out of it. I still have a hard time doing 2-3 oz portions without my little dishes. I am terrified of eating too much so I use them religiously.

Lara

Oh wow that is a great idea, I was trying to picture in my head 1oz of food, ugh...that would be a great help until we get used to portion sizes..

Kelli,

I just found this link in another thread - http://www.babyearth...ming-plate.html It isa plate for babies that keeps the food warm. This would work for us because it is small, sectioned and keeps the food warm (lord knows the food will go cold in 30 mins). I am ordering mine today!!

This is so cool! I also checked on Amazon and they sell it, so if you have Prime, its free shipping. Then I started going through other "baby food" items and ended up making a whole wish-list just for WLS! I found a hand-operated food grinder and a book on making baby-food purees, cups for freezing 1 or 2 oz portions, small spoons and fork, and other cool stuff. Not sure when I'll start to buy stuff like that, but it was fun to "window shop" a bit :D

And the warming plate will definitely be one of the must-haves!

I also recently got the Glad (store bought tupperware) containers that are 4 oz. They have been ESSENTIAL in my eating once I went back to work. I fill them about halfway (2oz) with whatever I am going to eat during the day and that takes the guesswork out of it. I still have a hard time doing 2-3 oz portions without my little dishes. I am terrified of eating too much so I use them religiously.

Lara

Great Idea..How are you feeling?