Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aunt Flo before and after weight loss

I currently have a very heavy cycle, with pains at ovulation. I was wondering if any others had these issues if they were cleared up when they lost the weight? If so that might become an amazing unexpected side affect of the sleeve.

Hi Sarah

I was wondering about this problem as well because I have very heavy cycles as well, or at least I did until yesterday. I had the NovaSure procedure yesterday at my gyno's office. It is an endometrial ablation procedure that completely eliminates menstruation in about 60% of women, for the other 40% there is some to slight menstrual bleeding monthly. I pray I am in the 60%! But even if my periods are only half as bad as they were, then I will call it a success. I wish I had just done it as an outpatient in the hospital so I could have had more sedation, but I made it through. I am pretty sore today.

I had to switch gyno's to have it done, all my female gyn wanted to do was put me on the pill, which I don't need and I sure don't need the increase stroke risk with my weight. Hopefully my periods will be easier to handle when I get my sleeve on May 10th!

Best of luck to you!

Karen

Endometrial ablation is a good treatment for very heavy, debilitating cycles (the kind that makes women go for a hysterectomy), but you have to make sure you are done having kids.

I have bad cramps on the first day (requires ibuprofen if I am to function) and manageable cramps on the 2nd day. This hasn't changed since losing weight, unfortunately.

my cycle was all over the place before and after my weight loss... my female hormones are now 'abnormal' and it looks like I am heading into the menopause early.. I am 39! I too was hoping that with weight loss my cycle would regulate itself... but alas! In saying that we are all different!!??

mine was due the day of surgery, didn't come till 4 days after, but the next month it was like clockwork on the 21st. this month..I started today the 18th. My curse is the same as it's always been =)