Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

JULY, 2007 CHALLENGE

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......293...........293... .........276...........17

tann.............(Tammy)........224.......... 224............212...........12

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 226

Josette..............................322.......... 322...........307............15

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..295...........295

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .274....... ...274 .............265.............9

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)...... 272..... .....272

Libra..(Angela)................... 218...........218

Lapbandit……...............… .206………..206

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..267...........267............256.............11

FaithMD............................ 314...........312............299.............13

I started the July 4th Challenge in week 4 at 328lbs and today, July 4th, I am 312. My goal was 310, so I was off by 2lbs. I had really set a high bar, and didn't think I'd make that 310, but I'm really excited to have gotten so close. I know that setting a goal of 13 lbs is lofty, so hopefully I'll make it within 2lbs.

Thank you, Christine! You are among those here that I find so inspiring! Now that I'm banded, I wonder how my loss is going to be. I will just have to see how this journey goes and where the road takes me.

I find myself getting about 1000-1250 calories a day (I'm trying to get that much, I seem to lose better when I eat above 1000), I'm sure the first week post-op's dramatic loss was the 550-800 I was getting by drinking only the purchased post-op diet my surgeon had me on. Now I'm able to add more liquids to it and I find myself creating interesting Soups. I am certainly battling head hunger, but it's not nearly as bad as what I've seen others write about. I wouldn't say I'm in Bandster Hell at all. Maybe I will be at some point. Perhaps I'm not because I did so much work pre-op to change my eating habits, or perhaps it's because I have the AP band and there is some degree of either restriction or satiety there already, I don't know. I'm just grateful I'm not stuffing my face with things I shouldn't be (yet). I have found sipping some Pickle Juice helps the salty/sour cravings and I am getting some relief with sipping V8 or Tomato juice, as well. I've changed my cravings over time and now I'm not someone who loves sweets, so liquids are hard for me since so many of them are sweet tasting. I am able to do runny grits, and though they are high in simple carbs and calories, I did find myself happy as a lark to eat some that were cheese flavored.

I'm looking forward to mushies next week. I can't wait for egg salad! I despise tuna (I have been known to hurl at the sight or smell of it), so I'm going to have to figure something else out. Maybe a crab or salmon salad? Ham salad? And I love, love, love avocado, so I'm very much looking forward to some guacamole, or some slices of avocado with some chopped crab or shrimp and a little cream cheese...mmmmm! Ooooo, gazpacho! Can't wait for gazpacho!

JULY, 2007 CHALLENGE

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293..............293... ..........276.................17

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............. 224..............212.................12

Josette.................................322..............322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............267..............256.................11

FaithMD............................... 312..............312..............299.................13

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .....275....... ......275 .............265.................10

juliegeraci..............................232............. 226

Inner_me.....(Chris).............. ..295..............295

Waterlily1072...(Nicole).......... 272..... ........272

Libra..(Angela)....................... 218..............218

Lapbandit……...............….... .206……….....206

Happy 4th to everyone and best of luck on the July challenge. Here's the updated chart. Happy losing!

oh Faith, you are making me hungry.... :)

I'm sorry, Christine. But at least it was all low carb!

I had some avocado tonight...yum!!!!

:hungry:

JULY, 2007 CHALLENGE

Name...............................Starting…....Current…......Goal…..........To Go

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 293... ..........276.................17

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............ . 224..............212.................12

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............267..............256........ .........11

FaithMD............................... 312..............312..............299............. ....13

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .....275....... ......275 .............265.................10

juliegeraci..............................232...... ....... 226

Libra..(Angela)....................... 218..............218..............208.................10

I haven't been around much...sorry. With moving and everything else, I haven't had any time for myself! Still trying to fit in my workouts though.

I'm setting a goal of 10 pounds. I was really hoping to be below 200 by my bandiversary but not sure I can make it by then. It'll be close. I haven't been focusing on my diet as much as I should but it's been difficult with everything going on. The good thing is that I'm not gaining, which is what would usually happen when I'm stressed out.

Good luck to everyone on the new challege!

try hummos on soy chips--very high in protien and yummy!! it is a staple for me!! I also take it to gatherings when I am not sure ther will be suitable food for me--everyone else thinks its a great treat----little do they know!! LOL!!

JULY, 2007 CHALLENGE

losingjusme..(Christine).........293.............. 293... ..........276.................17

tann.............(Tammy)...........224............ . 224..............212.................12

Josette.................................322....... .......322..............307.................15

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. .....267..............267..............256........ .........11

FaithMD............................... 312..............312..............299............. ....13

Libra..(Angela)....................... 218..............216..............208............. ....8

First, congrats purplemonkey! Good for you!:clap2:

I was on the scale yesterday...still read 218...and the scale addict in me had to get on again this morning. (actually because I ate a piece of cake for July 4th) and I'm down 2 pounds! Woo Hoo!

I know it has already started, but I would love to get my name in for the July Challenge. Or if not, when will the next one get started? I need something to challenge me to keep up with this.

Thanks!!

welcome Glinda!

just add your state to the bottom of the latest challenge listing so it os in the same format.

we are doing monthly challenges here so the next one will be Aug 1.

JULY, 2007 CHALLENGE

FaithMD............................... 312..............310..............299............. ....11

Libra..(Angela)....................... 218..............216..............208............. ....8