Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

InnerMe you deserve a standing ovation :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Congrats on Twoterville

Ugh Katie I feel for you. Doctors that have conesrvative fill schedules make it really hard to lose in the beginning. On the other hand they probably have fewer complications with their patients. If you are starving fill up with veggies after you eat your protien. My fave thing to do when I have no restriction is big salads of just veggies and ff italian Salad Dressing. Lots of Fiber virtually zero calories and filling!

Oh and thanks for the words of encouragement wink.gif I needed them.

PS: the above message got seriously messed up when I tried to add somthing in edit so I deleted it as best I could, hehe :guess

The "edit" in this new board is messed up. It has smilies between every letter! I gave up. You all are just gonna have to deal with my typos...LOL!

BTW, this fill had done nothing! I don't feel any restriction and I haven't lost either. I think I need to change up my routine...

Hi guys! I have been missing a long time--Mostly because I have been down about my slow progress. My last fill (#4) seems to have helped. I was stuck in the 280's forever, but finally have some pretty good restriction and have lost almost 20 pounds in the last 7 weeks! Yeah!!

Katie, I hear you. My fill doc is pretty conservative and only gives fills every 2 to 3 months. (Plus they are busy, so it is hard to get in.) I am self-pay and they do all their fills with fluoro, so this has been expensive as well as slow.

I am scheduled for another fill June 13th. I think I will only need a small one this time. Life is really so much less frustrating when you finally get restriction!

This board just inspires me to keep my spirits up that it will happen for me eventually. Thanks for the tip about the salads Waterlily, I will do that. I am not feeling any restrictions and have 22lbs to twoterville. The NP told me that I may not feel anything on the first fill. She also said I might not on the 2nd either. I just want to feel like I can't eat so much. I know its just a mind game, but I just want this to work. I know I keep saying that, but my fear of failure is at the forefront right now and though I know I am supposed to think positive it's hard sometimes I just feel like it is going to take forever. I think you are all an inspiration and I am not trying to be a downer. I just want it to happen, and I am still apprehensive. Did anyone out there in Lapband world feel apprehensive in the beginning?? Ciao Bella!! (goodbye beautiful)

Congratulations to innerme and welcome back to Marcy. You're both doing wonderfully.

I can relate to the fills. My last one was only 0.25 cc and my surgeon is both conservative and requires 6 weeks between fills. I don't feel any difference with this last fill so I'm working harder to limit my calories. We'll all get to the finish line... just maybe not as quickly as we would like.

Welcome Back Marcy :( glad things are going better for you!

Katie I didn't feel any restriction for a long time. I didn't feel any until I was at 8.5cc's in my 10cc band I thought for sure something must be wrong with me, but guess what? there wasn't I'm fine and so are you, it will happen. Everyone's body is different and you may need a lot of fill or maybe only a little, time will tell.

Waterlily, thank you for writing that, I do realize everyone is different and I am trying very hard to just go with the flow. You are so right, time will tell. I would love to hear the story of you and your journey, if you don't mind sharing. I am starting in a very similar place as you.

Happy Weekend!!

Welcome back Marcy! And don't disappear again! We're here for support and we alll seem to suffer setbacks!

My story hmmm....

Well when I started my size 34 slacks were really tight. I never wore them they were so tight. I lived in sweats and oversized t-shirts. After thinking about surgery for 3 years and lapband for one year I took the plunge and just did it. I was self pay, an inheritance from my aunt paid for it. I lost a lot of weight in the first couple of months then plateaued for a long time due to no restriction and burn out on dieting. It seems 3 mo is the longest I can go at a time with diet mentality. Unfortunately without it I just maintain. Due to my PCOS I expected to lose a little slower than the average but I did hope for a miracle weight loss. Friends around me on this sight have had the kind of first years I wanted but didn't get. It has been really hard for me to come to terms with that. I spent a lot of time at 8.5cc's thinking something had to be wrong with me because surely that was enough. Finally at 10mo out I went for another fill and was perfect at 9.5. Thinking at that point that maybe it could even get better I got another .5 which landed me way too tight for several weeks before I finally went in and had to admit that I was too tight. I know that for me I had to experience that to really know what my sweet spot feels like. I have 2 weeks till my next fill appointment where I will get the .25 necessary to get me back there. I know I've lost, Iknow the scale tells me I've lost a significant amount of weight and that I am in a size 22 but I still look in the mirror and see fat old me. This is something I may struggle with for a long time, I hope one day I can see me as I really am, as others see me. Sadly I am trying to excersize but am having a hard time getting into a routine. I didn't even attempt it till a couple of months ago. So here I am, half way there, but looks to me like I've just begun. Hoping that this next year I can make it to my goal and be able to run again and be an athlete again. Hoping to regain the self confidence necessary to make something of my life instead of hiding in my little house doing laundry and dishes. I will get there. Even though some days it feels like it may never happen, most days I know that it will. There it is, my story for all the world to see. I am real, I don't follow every bandster rule everyday but almost everyday I try. I do have my days where I say screw it, I'm eating the chocolate and no one is going to stop me, lol, thank goodness that isn't every day. There are those on this site who inspire me and those who make me feel normal and I need all those examples. Their strength and persistence whether they are rabbits or turtles helps me know that I am not alone and that I don't have to be perfect to make this work all I have to do is my best.

July 4th Challenge

Week 5

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…......Goal….......To Go

losingjusme............317....................30 5 ..................295.............10

tann.......................257.................. ..245..................232...............13

juliegeraci...............232................... 232..................220...............12

Josette...................340................... 333..................315...............18

Inner_me................306....................298 ...................280..............18

Elisabethsew..........281....................275 ..................260...............15

Waterlily1072........ .278................ ...269 ..................252...............17

Libra.......................230................. ..222...................205...............17

Lapbandit……… .…208………....…...206……..…..... .185…… ...….21

RidinMyHDDream... .281....................276 ..................256..............20

FaithMD................ 341.5..................328...................310.. ............18

It's going slowly but at least it's going.

July 4th Challenge

Week 5

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…......Goal….......To Go

losingjusme............317....................305 ..................295.............10

tann.......................257....................245...................232.............13

juliegeraci...............232................... 232...................220.............12

Josette...................340................... 333...................315.............18

Inner_me................306....................298 ..................280.............18

Elisabethsew..........281....................273 ..................260.............13

Waterlily1072........ 278................ ...269 ..................252.............17

Libra..................... .230................. ..222...................205.............17

Lapbandit……… .… 208………....…...206……..…..... .185…… ..….21

RidinMyHDDream.. .281....................276 ..................256..............20

FaithMD................ 341.5.................328...................310.. ...........18

I'm down 2 pounds for this week! I hope the trend continues.

Yall posting early this week:confused: I'll wait until Wed. but as you can see in my sig I've done very well this week so far down 6 lbs from last Wed. Gonna see if I can make 238 by Wed.:paranoid

Wow all good job!! Tann, what made this week so different??

Waterlily, thank you for being so upfront with your story, every story I read about helps me see that everyone is different and we all are just trying to make it through life day by day. You are inspiring because you are probably the one person on here that is closest to my starting weight and bmi. I haven't even started exercising yet, I know I need to, I just haven't gotten "started". We have a gym membership my dh and sons 15 and 17 go there all the time. They go when I am at work though, in the evening. I just need to get off of my hiney and get going on it. Again, thank you so much for telling me your story and for being so honest. Anyone else willing to do that for my benefit, feel free!!!