Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

A size 16 is awesome! Before too long, even that size is going to be falling off you. Congratulations!

I want to go to twoterville! I was just banded 4-9-07. Haven't lost much yet but I would love to travel to twoterville! It would be amazing. Onederland seems SO far away. I will let everyone know if I have lost anything after I get my first fill on Wednesday 5-16-07. That will be the first official weigh in. My clothes tell me that I haven't lost much though. Plus the fact I can and have been eating. I wish I hated eating. I wish lots of things, but most of them center on losing this excess.

Good luck and could someone send me an email or private message to explain the extra things that are put into signatures about april bandits and may exercise challenges etc?? Thanks Katie

Welcome, Katie, and congratulations on being banded. As you begin to get fills, you'll eat less and less but self-control also plays a big part in weight loss. You can join any thread you want to simply by posting on it. April bandits are a subgroup of members who were all banded in that month. May exercise challenges help to keep people motivated and accountable. On this thread, we do weight loss challenges to support one another.

Welcome Katie,

Congrats on being banded. BTW, you're welcome to join our weight loss challenge. We're having our final weigh in on July 4th for this challenge.

July 4th Challenge

Week 4

Name...................Starting…...…..Current….…......Goal….......To Go

losingjusme..............317....................30 6 ..................295...............11

tann.........................257.................. ..247...................232...............15

juliegeraci.................232................... 232...................220...............12

Josette.....................340................... 333...................315...............18

Inner_me..................306....................3 00...................280................20

Elisabethsew............281....................277 ..................260................17

Waterlily1072............278....................26 9 ..................252................17

Libra.........................230................. ..223...................205................18

Lapbandit…………..…208………....…...206……..…..... .185……. ...….21

RidinMyHDDream..... .281...................278 ..................256................22

FaithMD................... 341.5.................328...................310... .............18

Welcome Katie! Glad you found us :youcandothis:

Well I had a major NSV today. I went shopping for some new slacks and I bought a pair of 22's my current fav pair are 26 and the smallest I have other than the 18's I have stashed away. My DH asked me if I was gonna try them on and I said no, they will fit very soon if they don't yet. Took them home and tried them on, they fit!!! I started this journey out wearing size 34's and they were pretty tight! Now I am in 22's I can barely believe it. As for more weight loss I am having a hard time not approaching it casually, I kinda feel like I need to get rid of the diet mentality and just go with the healthy eating mentality. Diet mentality works great for me in spurts but I get burned out really quick. I think that now that I am about half way I am cool with slower weight loss or faster whichever my body decides to do. Despite all the hard work and all the right numbers I cannot make my body shed pounds I just have to go with the flow and let my body shed when it wants to and make healthy choices so that I don't back track at all.

July 4th Challenge

Week 4

losingjusme..............317....................306 .................295...............11

tann.........................257....................247..................232...............15

juliegeraci.................232................... 232..................220...............12

Josette.....................340................... 333..................315...............18

Inner_me..................306....................300...................280...............20

Elisabethsew............281....................275 ..................260...............15

Waterlily1072.......... .278................ ...269 ..................252...............17

Libra.........................230................. ..223...................205...............18

Lapbandit…………..…208………....…...206……..…..... .185…… ...….21

RidinMyHDDream..... .281....................278 ..................256...............22

FaithMD................... 341.5..................328...................310... ...........18

I'm down 2 pounds for the week. Thankfully, the scale is moving in the right direction... DOWNWARD! LOL.

Hey you all! Thanks for the nice welcome!~ What do I have to do to be in the challenge??? I want some challenges. I don't know if I have lost anything yet, will find out tomorrow at my first fill. I have no restriction right now, getting ready for TOM and feeling like I want every carb in a 10 mile radius of me!! LOL I would like to join the April group as I was banded in April, don't know how to do that. Would it be prudent at this juncture to say I am not all that computer literate?? I want a ticker, and I want to show my stats when I get some, I want to be cool like all of you guys with your fancy names and such!!!

On a serious note, how did your DH help out or not help out with this journey??

I just posted on the 100 lbs loser thread! OMG isn't that incredible!! I can only pray to the Lord Almighty that I can do something that amazing! This site is going to be just what I need, my teenage boys and DH are not all that supportive right now. Again, thank you for all the advise and PMs even the little ones like my favorite "eat some ff refried Beans with a little salsa if you feel like mexican"!!! Love it!! You are all inspiring and I don't deserve you!

Katie!

Waterlily!!! I forgot to tell you how proud I am of your great NSV!! You go girl!! Keep up the good work and the 18's will be slidin' off that tiny behind!! Katie

To be in the challenge just decide on a starting weight, your current weight, and how much you want to lose by July 4th and you'll be added to the list.

July 4th Challenge

Week 5

losingjusme..............317....................306 .................295...............11

tann.........................257....................245..................232...............13

juliegeraci.................232................... 232..................220...............12

Josette.....................340................... 333..................315...............18

Inner_me..................306....................300...................280...............20

Elisabethsew............281....................275 ..................260...............15

Waterlily1072.......... .278................ ...269 ..................252...............17

Libra.........................230................. ..223...................205...............18

RidinMyHDDream..... .281....................278 ..................256...............22

FaithMD................... 341.5..................328...................310... ...........18

I lost 2lbs this week as well.

Thanks Katie :) Actually my DH has been super supportive as have been my kids, I am very fortunate in that respect. Although he did bring home popeyes fried chicken for dinner and I did eat it :( Your comment about the size 18's reminded me of something my dh said today that cracked me up. When I'm angry I often say so and so can kiss my fat butt and today dh said you can't say that anymore you have to say that they can kiss your ever shrinking butt, lol. He is always calling me his incredible shrinking woman, I love it, hehe.

Oh and great job everyone you are all doing great :)

Oh and Katie as an April 06 bandit let me formally invite you to join our April Bandits excersize challenge thread. We 06'ers are mentoring the new class of April 07 ;) not that I am much of a mentor in the excersize department but I try :)

July 4th Challenge

Week 5

losingjusme..............317....................305 ..................295...............10

tann.........................257.................. ..245..................232...............13

FaithMD................... 341.5..................328...................310...............18

i was down to 304 but didnt get enough cals in me for a couple of days and gained :phanvan... i'd love to hit 100 lbs this week.