Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

This thread was originally for those trying to get to "twoterville" and has expanded to also include those struggling through it, or, as some seem to be doing, blazing on through.

So bascally we are to and through :D

Everybody, I need you to kick my butt. The next several months are gonna be real tough, my Mom was just diagnosed with liver cancer and it doesn't look real hopeful. I will want to eat chocolate and in large amounts. I am hoping that being in school all day will help tremendously at keeping me from just snacking on junk all day. It's amazing how much a banded person can eat when they break all the rules:guess . But I made it through today without breaking any (so far) and am very proud. I am all set with protien bars for lunches and yogurt and whole grain cereals for breakfasts, and lots of fish and chicken for dinners. And a brand new case of bottled Water in my car :cool:

I am prepared, but I know I will get weak, I want you all to know how much I appreciate you're always being here whenever someone needs help. Maybe one day I too can inspire someone as you all have me.

Now kick away :D

Maybe one day I too can inspire someone as you all have me.

You HAVE inspired me for a long time!:nervous You don't need a butt kicking, you've got a plan and you'll make it through. We've got faith in you! Your support team is right here ready and willing to help you anyway we can.

Keep strong and hopefull. Everyday more people are successfully battling cancer so I'll be praying that your Mom's doctors and your Mom keep fighting until they make some progress. Keep us posted on how you and your Mom are doing.

Waterlily...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. We'll always be here for support or to vent. We'll also be here to tell you it's okay if you slip...

Hang in there and be the strength your mother needs right now.

Lapbandit - Thank you for noticing I haven't been around much, it makes me feel like i'm not alone goignthrough this and I have some true friends in my bandsters!!

Waterlily - I am soooo sorry about your mum, I will send healing thoughts to her , you and all your family. I fyou do feel you need that lift and want to turn to chocolate don't deprive yourself, just have a little bit.....easier said than done, but it does work sometimes!!

Well, all the exercise at the wekend and the after effects of my barium meal have helped restart my weightloss, i'm down another 2lbs today...long may it continue (the weightloss not the aftereffects!!) and if I get a fill next week then all the better..

Thanks for all the support ;) It makes me feel good to know you are here and that you all care :).

Now I got on the scale after my junk food fest after getting the news on my mom and grandfather (funeral's today :D ) and it was at 306 :( But the last 2 days I have been soooo gooood. Trying to stay between 1000 and 1200 calories and have done excellent! I will not be changing my ticker till i get below the 298 but I will tell you here that I am down to 301! Wahoo:clap2: That is 5lbs in 2 days, I am extatic to say the least. I do however need some ideas. Mid afternoon I am absolutely starving, stomach growling the whole bit. If i get a fill I won't be able to eat anything for Breakfast at all, as it is now I am very tight in the mornings but by evening I seem to have loosened up a lot and can eat about 2cups of food(at that point I am full up). I should be eating a bigger lunch but at school there is no time or way to bring something that requires refrigeration, so I have been eating a Protein Bar. Any healthy low cal snack ideas out there? I was wondering about rice cakes, they are nice and dry and might go through very slowly.

Well done Molly, keep up the good work!!

I take rice cakes to work for lunch and find they go down easily, but i also have with them some chicken and low fat mayo, so I get some Protein too, or sometimes with some low fat spread....I can usually eat 2 sometimes 3 on a hungry day..

Molly, I eat a handful of almonds and that always cures my hunger. If you are hungry mid afternoon try that. Those would be easy to tote to school.

Mid-meals are the hardest to come up with! I have to admit...I lean on bars quite a bit because I'm not "creative" with my food choices at mid-meals! I really enjoy those South Beach Bars, the ones with 10g Protein. I have also recently tried Atkins bars...lots of protein, low carb/sugar and don't have a ton of calories.

Yeah the Atkins bars are what I have for lunch, they are really good! and some of them have 19g of protien!!! I have to be prepared to work through my lunch break and those can be eaten fast on a 5min break if necessary. I will try the almonds idea and the rice cakes next week and let ya'll know which one is the winner :)

Waterlily,

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's serious illness and I will keep you and her in my prayers.

Everyone is progressing nicely. Since my last fill, I actually know I have the band for the first time and am loving the pounds FINALLY leaving my body.

Name....................Current Weight......Valentine's Goal......To Go

Juliegeraci................241.5....................10..........................3.5

Lapbandit.................240..................... .20..........................13

Libra....................... 257.......................20...................... ...12

Indianlight................ 277...................... 20...................... ..18

JulieNYC.................. 221.......................215.................... ....6

Elisabethsew............ 284 (-10)...............282.........................2

Oh Elisabeth, you're only 2 pounds away!!

Yay waterlily...we're rooting for you!! I haven't gotten on the scale in a few days so I can't update yet.