Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Go MOM! I bet you have been getting so many compliments! Your loss is phenomenal! 88.6 pounds in five months is a wonderful accomplishment. How did you choose your goal weight?

I'm am sorry to say I made it 5 lbs short of my Christmas goal - I wanted to be at 250 and I was 255 yesterday morning. Congrats to all who made goal and congrats to everyone who lost anything at all...

I'm am sorry to say I made it 5 lbs short of my Christmas goal - I wanted to be at 250 and I was 255 yesterday morning. Congrats to all who made goal and congrats to everyone who lost anything at all...

You were so close that it still counts! Good job!

Now...I'm sorry to report that although I hit my Christmas goal, I am now up about 8 pounds. So, I'm way over right now. UGH...I did a terrible, horrible, plain old stinkin' bad job at eating this past week. I had a really nice holiday, but enough is enough...I can't wait for New Years to be over so I can cross Holiday Season 2006 off my "to do" list!!

How is everyone else making out?

I had a rough holiday too. The food is just too good. LOL!! Thank goodness I pb'd my dinner on Christmas Day. It made me stop eating before I did some serious damage. Somehow, and I'm telling ya, I don't know how, I managed to lose a pound and a half!

I got down to 358 (-35) and now I'm back to 361. 3 whole pounds. ugh!!! hehehe. but that's ok. I'll get it off this week.

Libra, I am so jealous...you lost over the holidays?! You must have some serious willpower. I'm really proud of you!

Josette, 3 pounds is pretty good. You're right-if you get back on track it'll come off in a jiffy! You did well too!

Me, on the other hand, have definately gained at least 8 pounds because they've been there for the past couple days. Urgh. Once I get past New Year's I will be super-focused and my 2007 goal will be to get into Onderland.

I finally made it to twoterville. I had a two month "fear of 299" stall. I pray to never see the 300's again. I just can't seem to lose as fast as other people in this forum.

Hello my friends, I know I have been away for a while. Things have been so crazy for the last few weeks. My twin sister went in to the hosipital on Dec. 12th because she had a stroke. After 2 MRI's it was determined she actually had 3 strokes. I have been in Dallas sense that time and can't bring myself to leave her to go home. It was so bad at first and I was so scared. She is 37 years old and the only precursior she had, Andy is a smoker. She had the worst headache at my house on Thanksgiving and went to the Dr. twice for that and an upper respratory infection.. The headache never really went away, the scary part of that is she is still having it on and off. The Drs still have no clue what caused this, test after test, 16 tubes of blood twice, two spinal taps, doppler, echo cardiagrams (internal and external). My biggest fear is she will have another one. So far so good, she has regained most of her ability on her left side (the stroke on the right side was the biggest one) and after physical , speach, and occupational theripies she should be able to go back to work as a phlebotomyst. (I pray) She just kept saying why did I lose 130lbs to get healthy and this happened? The test results may not come back for 2 more weeks and we may never know what caused this. I know this is long and heavy. I love and miss u guys. I didn't make my goal, but I didn't gain alot sitting in the hospital either. We are at Andy's house, (they let her come home just in time for Christmas )and I may be here awhile. I will check in when I can. Congradulations to everyone for doing so great. Candy/309 last I checked

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • alisasings

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
    • Elnaz

Losing weight is my dream
      · 0 replies
    • OhMyGawdItzKla

I joined yesterday when I was struggling with this preop diet... 
      It typically comes and goes, the hard times and easier times. I'm on day 6 of 14  shakes, water, sf Popsicles and jello. And I might actually be losing my mind. But, oh dear lord has the fear set in. Not about the surgery itself, but life afterwards. If I feel this crappy on the preop diet, am I going to feel like this forever after? 
      I know most of the answers are no, not forever. It might be worse after for a while, then get better. I know it's a more of a mental challenge than physical after the first couple weeks of healing. I get all of that. But I'm starting to feel scared about losing myself afterwards. 
      It might be my hormones or desire to chew something salty talking.. It may go away soon or tomorrow.. I can hope, anyway. But right now.. The fear is real. 

And this liquid diet can bite me. 
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Fear is normal, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm 4.5 months post-op and the pre-op diet was by far the hardest part of the whole process. There will be challenges and a lot of new things to learn, but I can honestly say at this point I feel so much more "back to normal" and was even able to go on a week-long vacation with my kids without stressing over it. It's so worthwhile.

2. OhMyGawdItzKla

@NickelChip This actually does make me feel better! Thank you so much! After the onslaught of Covid, we've all had to deal with a "new normal", so I know it's possible. It's just the fear and frustration in this moment that makes me question if I can find another "new normal" afterwards. The thought of just a few more months seems daunting some times, but I really do appreciate input and real experience. I'll use that to get me through for a few more hours! LOL. Thank you so much! And I'm glad everything is going so well for you! ❤️

• mamabear30106

I started my 10 day pre op diet yesterday I need flavor!! I'm not big on the chocolate protein shakes so I just got to use up what I have was thinking about freezing it to make it like a ice cream so its something I can chew a little. Idk this is hard but I know I can do it just need to find new things to try 
      · 1 reply
      1. JennyBeez

You can try. I've read other people have had good results with protein-shake popsicles, etc. My personal experience with it? Sucked.

I tried making 'fudgesicles' with a couple different flavors of a premade shake, as well as a protein powder I blended myself and all of them came out revolting? The powder ones, all the protein sunk to the middle; the premade shakes, the popsicle had a disgusting texture and the protein seemed to leave a weird fluffy film on the outside? I couldn't stomach it.

Maybe look into flavoring additives? I was able to have sugar-free coffee /soda syrup flavorings, sugar-free drink flavorings and baking additives like almond, rum or pepperment extract. The extracts helped me the most as they added no extra sweetener.

On the other hand, if you can get your hands on an unflavored/unsweetened protein powder, the syrup flavorings are perfect. I love to use Boost "Just Protein" (which is unflavored) with milk and a Chai-flavored sugarfree syrup.

Good luck!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches