Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ques for Newbies & Veteran Sleevers!

I am hoping to be sleeved by the end of the summer, and I have so many things I am excited about! Being able to play with my beautiful daughter, not always tugging on my clothes, feeling more comfortable and confident in my body...so many things! My question is:

*For those of you just starting out like me, what are you most looking forward to in your weight loss journey?

*And for those of you already sleeved, what have been some unexpected positives you have experienced along the way?

I am so looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!

I was just sleeved on Wednesday and I have had a litlle trouble bouncing back but one thing has totally surprised me. My attitude about food is so different, it is like a switch was flipped in my brain. I LOVED food. I was raised on delicious gourmet food. My dad, who is also overweight, did all the cooking and we ate well. I would often accompany him on business dinners and tae in some very high end restaurants. I loved lobster, filet, and oysters Rockefeller by the time I was ten. Any celebration meant a trip to a great restaurant and this carried over into adulthood. I could not imagine that this feeling would change. Now, the thought of food holds no pleasure whatsoever. Food almost disgusts me. I am only excited about advancing to soft food on Thursday because I want more Protein without having drink awful Protein Shakes. I know I will eventually get a "taste" for food back, but I absolutely feel set free. I was a slave to the pleasure of eating. I feel absolutely liberated and can't wait to not be "the fat girl" with my group of friends.

Something that has made me laugh is how people are suddenly telling me they love my hair. Uh, would that be the hair I haven't had cut in six months, and also haven't coloured in ages and has grey roots?? I would guess my face is a bit thinner and they assume it's the hair making me look different. :D

Missy--I can totally relate to the desire to not be the "fat girl" in my group of friends! And I am very inspired by your lack of interest in food, I hope I am as lucky!

Swizzly--That is too funny! They probably feel embarassed to comment on the weight so have to compliment something else! Either way, enjoy the praise!

I was just sleeved on Wednesday and I have had a litlle trouble bouncing back but one thing has totally surprised me. My attitude about food is so different, it is like a switch was flipped in my brain. I LOVED food. I was raised on delicious gourmet food. My dad, who is also overweight, did all the cooking and we ate well. I would often accompany him on business dinners and tae in some very high end restaurants. I loved lobster, filet, and oysters Rockefeller by the time I was ten. Any celebration meant a trip to a great restaurant and this carried over into adulthood. I could not imagine that this feeling would change. Now, the thought of food holds no pleasure whatsoever. Food almost disgusts me. I am only excited about advancing to soft food on Thursday because I want more Protein without having drink awful Protein Shakes. I know I will eventually get a "taste" for food back, but I absolutely feel set free. I was a slave to the pleasure of eating. I feel absolutely liberated and can't wait to not be "the fat girl" with my group of friends.

SOOOO great to hear! I am getting Sleeved June 20th and was worrying about just what you talked about. THANK YOU!

Only 3 months to go, how exciting! Hopefully I will be right behind you!

SOOOO great to hear! I am getting Sleeved June 20th and was worrying about just what you talked about. THANK YOU!