Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on March 7th, 2011

Hello everyone! I am so glad to have found this site.

I was sleeved on March 7th, 2011. I have been battling my weight all my life but really started to gain heavily in my 20s. I have yoyoed for years and reached my highest of 242 this past year. I am so excited I decided to get sleeved. I really believe it was the right decision for me.

It has been 1 week today since my surgery. It has been really challenging for me to say the least. I knew it was going to be hard but I guess I really had no idea how hard it was going to be. This past week on all Clear liquids has been rough. I am getting tired and more tired of broth soups! I wish there was something else I could have. But I guess I have another week of this. I found a protien shake that I like called Chike. It is much better to me than the ones that are premade. Which is good considering I am not a fan of them really to begin with.

One thing I have noticed is that my cravings for real food has not gone away. I crave everything and die at every commercial on TV wanting what they are selling. That is rough. I thought when they cut out that part of the stomach the cravingings would slow down. When my family is eating I just WISH I could have what they are having. I think I am just being whiney now. Sorry. I know I wont be on liquids forever. It is a step by step process and I will get through it. I am excited for my new life and journey for sure!

Cant wait to talk to all of you and compare stories and helpful hints and such. I have already learned so much by reading all of your posts and cant wait to learn more!

Here we go!!! Good luck to everyone and Congratulations on getting Sleeved!!!

Congrats on your sleeve and good luck on your journey!!! My surgery is April 11th and I can't wait to start my own journey!!! Keep us posted on you progress!!

Congrats on your sleeve and good luck on your journey!!! My surgery is April 11th and I can't wait to start my own journey!!! Keep us posted on you progress!!

Thank you so much!! I am sure you are really excited for your day to get here. I know I was. Just preparing the house with all the foods and Vitamins I needed post surgery was fun. Keep us posted and cant wait to hear all your updates as you progess through your journey!!

I was sleeved a week ago tomorrow and I understand what you mean!!! I told my hubby that I really want to chew on real food....I don't even want to swallow it, just chew it! LOL! I'm on liquids for 3 weeks, so I have 2 weeks to go! I can't WAIT to eat a scrambled egg with a little cheese on top! LOL! I've found that my favorite Protein Powder is Nectar....so good! GL!! We can do it!

The surgery acts on the stomach and not the brain. You will have to get past the cravings that you are having (for now). I crave all kinds of foods but know that I can not have them just yet. I will someday have a smaller portion of things that I crave, but it will be controlled. The first month is the hardest I hear. I am still in it and was thankful for every stage that I moved up on. I am officially at mushies and finally not feeling depraved. Things will get better.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement! I cant wait to get back to work and start living normal. Hopefully with some normal food too! Thanks again!

Congratulations! I am excited for everyone who finally has their sleeve and am so hoping I can remove the roadblocks and finally get a date.

I think once you eat solids you will find your sleeve will be such a great tool and then it will be onward to your goals!

Congratulations! I am excited for everyone who finally has their sleeve and am so hoping I can remove the roadblocks and finally get a date.

I think once you eat solids you will find your sleeve will be such a great tool and then it will be onward to your goals!

Thanks!! I hope you get a fixed date soon. I know you much be really excited!!!! Good Luck! It will be here before you know it.

Helloooo Butterfly! :)

What you are experiencing is normal. Some of us (such as myself) end up totally turned off by food for the first few months, but many others never lose the cravings at all. Just stay strong and focused!! Excuse yourself from all situations where the cravings can get to you. Like maybe for a few weeks while you are doing liquids only, go up to your room and skip the commercials! I've had a DVR for years now and rarely do I watch anything at its scheduled time, unless its the 5 O'Clock News.

Congrats on your sleeve!!! I'm sure you do already love your sleeve but you will see as time goes on, you will absolutely positively LOVE IT!!!

:D

hey how u doin and congrats on your sleeve. my surgery was on 3-9 and i am experiencing exactly the same things as you and the only thing i can tell you is to try and buy defferent Soups with vegetables meats or whatever, cook them and just drink the broth it is a good idea i learned on this forum to get a different type of taste. u can also buy sugarfree ice pops to help give u some variety its all about creativity even with our limitations gl in the coming weeks it will get better and im banking on that with u

hey how u doin and congrats on your sleeve. my surgery was on 3-9 and i am experiencing exactly the same things as you and the only thing i can tell you is to try and buy defferent Soups with vegetables meats or whatever, cook them and just drink the broth it is a good idea i learned on this forum to get a different type of taste. u can also buy sugarfree ice pops to help give u some variety its all about creativity even with our limitations gl in the coming weeks it will get better and im banking on that with u

Sounds like great ideas! Thanks so much! I hope your recovery is going well and that you are not experiencing too much pain/gas and such. Congratultions and Good luck!!

I must be an odd ball. LOL...I don't crave nor do I want to eat. I just drink my Water and crystal light. I make myself eat the yogurt, cottage cheese. I do use Protein powder in my sf fat free pudding. So I'm at least getting Protein in me. Plus a shake. So I really don't feel deprived of anything. Feel great and have no regrets at all..:D

Deb