Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Should I Bring w/ Me to MX 4 Surgery?

Hi all,

I'm flying out on Monday to Puerto Vallarta Mexico. What specifically should I bring with me?

I've got down the basics like:

my pain meds

Jello

bottled Water

capri sun

tea

personal care items

books

my journal

All suggestions welcome!

Hi Alysha,

What I really needed and used was my lip balm and a pillow for the way home. I was on a plane for 8 hrs from San Diego to Tampa and the pillow saved my life!!! Your lips will get dry too after surgery so the balm helps. I think you got every thing covered. Good luck on your surgery!! You will do great! :eek:

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/196/150

5'7''

Gas X chewables or strips , liquid Tylenol. Loose cotton, sleeveless, dresses, it will be really Hot in PV at this time of the year

Good Luck on your surgery!

Dont forget that LOVELY SWIMSUIT ... AND ACCUALLY SWIM BEFORE SURGERY!!!!! LOL might be last time in awhile *wink* ans sunscreen too, and a big hat for shopping and, and, and lol

Gas X chewables or strips , liquid Tylenol. Loose cotton, sleeveless, dresses, it will be really Hot in PV at this time of the year

Good Luck on your surgery!

Yes yes yes gas xxxxxx

Good Luck and God Bless You

I think you should add bandaids, a spanish/english dictionary, and slip-on shoes to the list.

The loose cotton dress is a must! I adored mine! The lipbalm is also important, I bought some at the pharmacy because I was dry and cracking. I always pack q-tips because if you don't have them, you will need them. Weird huh?

Enjoy your trip and make sure you can roll your luggage. Get someone else to lift it for you!

I think you should wear or bring along slip on shoes. You will be so happy with yourself when you get to the airport security line and they ask you remove your shoes. Also, very loose underwear. I traveled in December to Mexico but bought along a wind breaker for the airplane ride. I kept the jacket on and sort of pulled togehter in the front to disguise the fact I didn't have on a bra. The bra was far too restrictive for me and much too close to my incisions. Also, the jacket really came in handy on the plane as I seemed much colder than normal.

A very, very, very soft shirt to wear over your incisions, soft bra too. I agree with the pillow too. Maybe even a throw blanket. On my drive home, which was almost an hour and a half, I had the blanket on my lap to be between me and the seatbelt. It was a lifesaver. I know you are on a plane but I'm sure you'll have to wear a seatbelt a little bit, and then for the car ride home.

I agree about the slip on shoes too, comfy socks. I also brought along some astringent and cotton balls so I could freshen up my face. hair clips or something to put it up, unless you have short hair.< /p>

Note about the Jello though, I could have it pre-op but not post. I don't know if your doctor is different but you might not want to bring too much! :eek:

Much luck to you!! You are on your way!! :clap2: