Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you stop the weight loss!

Here's my story, I've lost 76 lbs this includes weightloss prior to my surgery. Now that I've reached 180 lbs I'm wearing a size 10 which I'm sure this is due to vanity sizing but I don't care I love telling friends I wear a size 10. Since surgery I have not stalled in my weightloss and I was ready to stop lossing weight when I was 185 lbs but I get up this morning and I'm 5lbs lighter. Does anyone know how I can stop lossing? So I can start maintaining my current weight. I welcome any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks

Can I ask how tall you are? I am at 182 and still in a size 16w. If you don't want to lose anymore it is time to add more carbs in the diet and snack a bit more. My doctor said our bodes usually let us know where to stop.

I"m 5'4 and I have been taken in more carbs about 70 grams a day.

Can I ask how tall you are? I am at 182 and still in a size 16w. If you don't want to lose anymore it is time to add more carbs in the diet and snack a bit more. My doctor said our bodes usually let us know where to stop.

I"m 5'4 and I have been taken in more carbs about 70 grams a day.

I am having a hard time figuring out the sizes and how they run,, where do you buy your clothes and what brand are the pants?

You might try even more carbs if you really want to stop the loss.

At 5' 4" why would you want to stop your weight loss? Your BMI calculates out to still being in the obese stage.

I was thinking the same thing.

At 5' 4" why would you want to stop your weight loss? Your BMI calculates out to still being in the obese stage.

True, I didn't realise this. I'm your same height and am now around 157 lbs (need to weigh in tommorow) and I still have around 16 lbs to lose to be a normal BMI, your BMI is 30,9 whice is still in the obese range???

Increase you carb intake by 100 carbs per day. You will put weight on I promise you..:blink: you have to get out of keytosis..if you want your body to go back in maintaining.. Be careful the more carbs you eat the more you will want..I have seen a lot of people backsliding and gaining a lot of weight due to extra carbs..

I agree with others in that I don't really see a reason to stop losing weight at this stage...you are still overweight, might as well get to a healthy BMI. I'm an inch taller than you, weigh 141 with a large bone structure and lots of muscle mass, and I could still lose 10 more lbs and look/feel healthy!

That said, maintaining/gaining would be pretty easy, actually. You can totally overeat with the sleeve if you don't make the best choices. I went on a weeklong vacation where we drank high-calorie mixed drinks and vanilla Coke every day and ate Desserts 1-2 times a day (including Haagen Dazs chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream!) and I put on a pound. Granted, I lost that pound within 3 days of coming back, cleaning up my diet, and going to the gym, but nevertheless. Yeah, you won't be able to eat a McDonald's combo ever again, but you could totally suck down some high-calorie drinks and eat Desserts to stop losing or even start gaining.

Adding in healthy fats, and additional calories is how I got my losing to stop. I added Peanut Butter, nuts, avocados to my weekly plan. It took me doubling my calories, increasing my meals from 4-6 per day, and calories steadily went from 1000 to 1500-1800 calories. I did increase carbs to 100gr per day, but truly increasing calorie, Protein and fat intake really helped. I added 100% grape juice for added calories. It took my body 4 solid months to settle, and I've been maintaining for nearly a year. If you are working out, I had to cut cardio and only do weights. I know building muscle burns fat, but I was building muscle as well so I didn't lose pounds, I lost inches.

Unfortunately, at your height, your body might not be settled. I am 5'2", and was perfectly content at 150lbs. I think I was in a size 8/9, and I still had nice boobs. Well, my body was not settled, and I dropped down to 120 at my lowest even with increasing intake and cutting cardio, and then purposely gained back up to 125-130lbs on any given week. I am currently in a size 2, and I've lost more inches since my fat has redistributed, my body has changed even though I weigh the same amount today as I did at this time last year. My skin has rebounded, reabsorbed, and my body has changed.

Trying to find the balance between maintenance and overindulging because we want to stop losing weight is a fine line. Crossing it can be detrimental. I've seen it with a few on OH that got to 2-4 years out, and thought everything was Kosher. Then before they knew it, 20-40lbs have creeped back on because of habits. They've been successful with losing some of the weight, but they all report that losing again is harder the further out they are. They also say that bad habits that got them fat in the first have become their "norm", and breaking those habits all over again takes a lot more work, energy, and diligence than it did when they were early post-VSG.

Thank you everyone for your comments, I understand that on the bmi chart I'm still obese but for my body type 150 is to small trust me I know that's the size I was when I married my husband. Looking at my wedding pics I was so small I like the way I look at 180 I'm running again and keeping up with my daughter. My reason for getting the sleeve was to stop all the meds. and cure my sleep apnea. I have an appointment with my doctor next week I will talk to her about my goal weight. I love this site everyone is so helpful