Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just taking a moment to finally say hi. My name is Judy and I live in McKinney TX. I was banded 7/22/05 by Dr. Hamn. My pre surgery weight was 250 and I am now bouncing between 188-194. I have finally started exercising and hoping this will kick start the weight loss again. It gets very frustrating when you are stuck at one weight but I have NO regrets with getting my band. I would be interested if anyone has had issues with estrogen and weight. I have tried ALL of the natural stuff and nothing is helping with those lovely hot flashes. I am on a low dose patch but my weight has come to a complete loss again and I tend to gain with estrogen. Just wondering if anyone else has had this battle.

Thanks,

Judy

Hi and welcome to the board. I don't know the answer to your question but this is a great place to look for answers. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board. Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Thanks everyone. I look forward to reading and posting more often to this site. If I ever find the magic cure of estrogen and weight gain I will be a happy camper :clap2:

How does one add the weight goal ruler?

Thanks,

Judy

7/22/05

Dr. Hamn

250/192/140

Hi Judy - and WELCOME!

Gosh, youve done VERY well in a years time.

I agree, exercise will definately help with body shrinking. Try putting your scale away for 2 weeks while you begin your exercise regimin - and allow your clothes to be your new 'scale'.

Good luck!

Thanks Paula.....I love your quote cause that is me too:) I will make it there and I know the exercise is the best thing and I'm loving it. I want to be at goal or close to it by my 30 year reunion..I was soooooooo skinny in high school and gained all kinds of weight during my 1st marriage and went back to all of my reunions heavy. I have a wonderful man in my life now and we are engaged but I don't want to get married till I can of thinner wedding pictures!! So hopefully those are good motivators too!!

judy

Howdy Judy!

I'm from West Texas and was just banded on the 20th. Wish I had the answer for you on the hormone thing and weight gain. MY PCP tried me on some hormone stuff a few years back and I put on about 10 lbs in one week! I said FORGET IT! Maybe someone else is in the know on this. Sure is frustrating.

Terry :confused:

Hi! I'm on a hormone patch...the lowest dosage possible (due to my PCP requesting it due to type 2 diabetes)...it works great for me! But yep-I struggle somewhat with weight....

maybe a LOWER dosage? or a HIGHER dosage? I found that with my diabetes completely under control/almost non-existent that the estrogen patch does NOT affect my weight loss....

Hope this helps on some level.

Hi Judy!

I'm in Allen, too (Hi Myra!)

Glad to have you, here. You might try starting a post about Estrogen in the General Discussion forum - you might get more responses to that part of your post, there.

I am so not looking forward to the whole Flash issue - but whatcha gonna do? I am just trying to get down a little closer to a normal weight before I have to start thinking about that....

Congrats on your loss!! I second the whole exercise thing. It seems like I don't lose weight if I don't get my butt on the elliptical machine at least a few times a week.

Good Luck, and keep up the good work!

Irene