Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. C - What does happen?

Thank you for the reply, Dr. C. It's great to have you in the forum for infomation and clarification. :)

I don't think coughing would cause any problems with the band, but repeated vomiting if you had some kind of virus certainly could.

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

Dr. C,

Have you come across any studies or do you have personal knowledge of low BMI lapband patients and the need for panniculectomy after significant weight loss?

pplqueen and anyone else who had recent lapband surgery

hi, you say you were banded four days ago. I have put everything on hold. My husband and kids are going away 7 days after my surgery which is scheduled for July 11th. I did not plan on going. My family is going to California and I was afraid of flying and heck, what would I eat? If I could go, I would love it. Do you think I would be up to flying. You say you're feeling great. If I knew that I would be feeling great, I would make a reservation today. I don't want to disappoint my kids, but at the same time, I don't want to say I'll go. I'm afraid I won't feel up to it. Let me know what you think. I'm open to hearing from anyone else as well.

Thanks so much.

emily

em112,

I'm a very quick healer and back on my feet quickly after surgery and was with this one; but, the inability to eat has kept me at home not wanting to be around food becasue I am so hungry for solids. Not sure I would go on vacation when I couldn't even eat salads or drink Protein shakes. Might be kind of grouchy.

I flew home the day after my surgery and have been doing all normal house stuff, walking the dogs etc. Feel great except for gas pains in the upper body and rumbley stomach!

In my experience, a panniculectomy in patients with a BMI less than 40 is usually not needed for medical reasons, but many times these patients look fantastic and want it for cosmetic reasons.

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

Dr. C,

Have you come across any studies or do you have personal knowledge of low BMI lapband patients and the need for Panniculectomy after significant weight loss?

Dr C I was banded 6-12 and I just got my monthly cycle today I get really bad cramps and in the past have used 800 iuboprofen to get rid of them..........I am afraid I won't be able to work.......what can I do?

In my practice I don't have any restrictions on using NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen. I think this is just a holdover from the bypass era, I don't know of any studies with regard to band patients. However, I have to advise you to do what your surgeon says!

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

Dr C I was banded 6-12 and I just got my monthly cycle today I get really bad cramps and in the past have used 800 iuboprofen to get rid of them..........I am afraid I won't be able to work.......what can I do?

Dr. C: I had the Johnson & Johnson Swedish Band installed on June 8th...most banders I have talked to have the mid-band. Would there be any particular reason my Dr. would have chose the J & J band for me?

Carol

Dr. C,

Thank you for all the information that you give us.

I am curious as to your opinion on why some of us wouldn't require fills right away.

I am almost 7 months out from surgery and have lost 70 pounds with no fill. I have to be very, very careful about chewing my food and even with utmost caution I may still PB.

I worry that there could be some bad reason why I am not typical and am having restriction even though I am not filled. I worry that perhaps my band is a smaller size than it should have been.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you,

Serena,

Your band is probably just at the right level of tightness without any fill. It's not good or bad, it just is what it is. Congrats on the weight loss!

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

Dr. C,

Thank you for all the information that you give us.

I am curious as to your opinion on why some of us wouldn't require fills right away.

I am almost 7 months out from surgery and have lost 70 pounds with no fill. I have to be very, very careful about chewing my food and even with utmost caution I may still PB.

I worry that there could be some bad reason why I am not typical and am having restriction even though I am not filled. I worry that perhaps my band is a smaller size than it should have been.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you,

A band is a band, really. The J&J band is a good one, I've never even seen the Midband.

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

Dr. C: I had the Johnson & Johnson Swedish Band installed on June 8th...most banders I have talked to have the mid-band. Would there be any particular reason my Dr. would have chose the J & J band for me?

Carol