Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG, what do I do now!!!!!!!

Well, I tried to post this earlier today so if it double posts I am sorry.

As you all probably remember, I've told you about the explosion, 3rd degree burns 3 surgeries, and discs removal, bones inserted in my neck from my leg and for the past 3 years I've been on a LOT of pain killers, mainly loritab, hydrocodone and took several Tylenol PM at night.

My DD told me today (she just started working at a clinic) that they probably won't be able to go through with the surgery because my liver will be in such a bad shape. Here I am 2 weeks out and you guys know of all of the hills I've had to hurdle and now this. I could just sit down and cry.

What do I do now. Is there anything I can do to help. Please don't tell me after all these months and ups and downs and now having to self pay that my liver might be bad!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone knows anything about this please help me. I'm desperate.

Love you all,

Sherri

Surgery in 2 weeks now!!! (hopefully):lol:

I think instead of speaking to your daughter about it, you need to talk to your surgeon. Does he know of everything you have been through? Does he feel this way.

I don't know, I've never spoken to Dr. Sanchez yet. I guess tomorrow I will call them. I remember mentioning to Judy or Janet one about taking it but they didn't mention this Liver thing. It seems like everyday, something comes up.

Sherri you are a bundle of nerves girl. Get a hold of yourself and stop the madness. Talk to your doc about it if you are worried.

I will tell you that I had somewhat elevated liver enzymes before my surgery and it had no impact on doing the surgery itself. I did my preop South Beach Phase 1 for 10 days and my liver was fine.

But your doc should be the person that you rely on for info.

Myra

I agree with Funny. Speak to your doctor about your concerns. There should be some simple tests to determine the functionality of your liver. And, other than the liver being fragile for some reason it should tolerate the moving around caused by the procedure. Because banding isn't malabsorptive, the liver really shouldn't be under too much strain post op other than having a little extra waste to filter (our body produces more waste with weight loss).

Talk to your surgeon. Tell him your concerns. If you've already been through other surgeries, you should have some recent blood work. Offer to send him the blood work or at the very least put him in contact with the other doctors handling your case.

The ultrasound probably would have shown any abnormalities as well. Call your doctor and ask. In the meantime, try and ignore everyone that gives you information about yourself including your Daughter or Husband. They mean well, but you need support around your decisions. Let the professionals decide what and if you need help before surgery. Good luck.

Of course, I've had 2 surgeries in the past 18 months and had no problem except for a very sore throat with the neck surgery (they went in through the front and they said they moved my esophagus around.

I also called Judy at Dr. Sanchez office and she was going to ask the Doctor and have him call me back. She said lots of people take lots of pain meds for chronic pain like myself and arthritis and diabetes and other things.

I've not had an ultrasound though, I guess they do one in Mexico, I'm not sure.

Sorry for always getting so nervous. I'm going to try to think that even though most of the time good things don't happen to me that this good and wonderful thing is going to.

Sherri

Sherri here is a group hug. You are going to do wonderful. You have been through some of the hardest part. You have researched, soul searched and made a decision. We are here for you. M.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :lol:;) :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: :welldoneclap::welldoneclap: :welldoneclap: