Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fourth day after surgery update

Hey sleevers,

It's day four, sleeved on Monday. Just thought I would update you on how I feel and answer any questions.

First, it helps if you will ask you question by including my original quote that way it will come to my attention via email.

Ok.. where do i begin. Was sleeved on Monday, came home from the surgical center yesterday around noon. I'm feeling more rested today. I'm also weening myself off any pain medication.

Your Dr. will probably give you a prescription for liquid pain medication and something for gas.

So far the hardest parts of my surgery have not been associated with pain. sleeping is hard because i'm a side sleeper and at this time my belly is too swollen to sleep on my sides.

Also, I can also feel every little thing that goes down into my stomach. Every time I take a sip I can feel it moving into my stomach (which is kind of weird). I'm sure that will pass. I have no desire to eat and that is not good because I need to get some Protein down me (soup) or i will stay week and tired feeling. I'm really looking forward to Protein shakes. I know that will help me get my strength back.

I think the main thing is not to push ourselves, rest is always needed after surgery. I can remember the days when you stayed in a hospital for a week for something like knee surgery or a C-section. So don't push it.

I got up this morning, fixed my son his lunch for school, did a little walking around the house, loaded the dishwasher, made some tea, and now i'm playing on my laptop. Will force some Soup down in a few minutes.

all in all doing good.... each day will be a better day and the hardest part is behind me. biggrin.gif

Stay tuned!

Kim

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's getting close to crunch time for me, and i'm just a bundle of nerves.

Keep taking it easy <3

Laura

I got up this morning, fixed my son his lunch for school, did a little walking around the house, loaded the dishwasher, made some tea, and now i'm playing on my laptop. Will force some Soup down in a few minutes.

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you are doing well and staying positive. Did you have any pain when loading the dishwasher? Do they give you type of compression garmet post op?

Thanks and good luck!

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you are doing well and staying positive. Did you have any pain when loading the dishwasher? Do they give you type of compression garmet post op?

Thanks and good luck!

I haven't had any pain that is bothersome. I know each person has a different threshold for pain. My monthly cramps are way worse than anything i've experienced with this. In fact, with my gall bladder surgery last year I had a hard time turning from side to side (like when picking something up) but i've noticed this had not been a problem so far. I did take some of my pain medication this morning at 6:30 but it is now 10:15 and i'm still rolling along. I have even picked up things off the floor (not thinking) and then realizing it didn't hurt.

Most of my discomfort is from swelling and bloating in my belly.

I was not given a compression garment post-op. I did ask my Dr. about it and he said it would be up to me and that each individual is different when it comes lose skin.

In all honesty, the only thing keeping me from hoping in the shower and heading off to work is the weakness my body is going thru from surgery and no real food for 5 days now. I feel curtain that with rest and proper nutrition I will be in good shape one week post-op. I'm trying to get down some V8 juice. Made the mistake of brushing my teeth before pouringtongue.gif.

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's getting close to crunch time for me, and i'm just a bundle of nerves.

Keep taking it easy <3

Laura

Stay positive... it will help with the recovery phase. Also, what I noticed, when I was smiling the nurses where smiling and everyone was happy. biggrin.gif

Thank you SO much for sharing your experience as it helps me (and I am sure others here too) to imagine what our day 4 will be like. It is encouraging that you are able to do small things around the house and still feel pretty good. Congratulations and I hope to be following along behind you soon. :D

I am so happy we met at the hospital and I'm looking forward to being "Sleeve Mates" forever. We are going to be two hot momma's very soon (and you KNOW we'll need to buy at least ONE slutty outfit)! Lets make sure and get together in a few months, share a lunch and go shopping! You've got my number so keep me on your speed dial!

I am so happy we met at the hospital and I'm looking forward to being "Sleeve Mates" forever. We are going to be two hot momma's very soon (and you KNOW we'll need to buy at least ONE slutty outfit)! Lets make sure and get together in a few months, share a lunch and go shopping! You've got my number so keep me on your speed dial!

You got it!

Have you tried Isopure to get Protein? I had surgery the same day and Ive been drinking that. the grape one tasted like grape koolaid to me, though I have noticed my taste buds have change since pre-op, so wierd. I also tried the punch yesterday, was very bland so I added some orange popsicle to it to give it some flavored, worked like a charm.

Isn't the gas pain annoying? Thats my biggest complaint too, though I have noticed I am not able to bend and pick things up like you can, but it will come with time :)