Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Decision has been made!!!

I want to have Weight Loss Surgery because I want to be healthy! I feel this may be one of the most selfish things I’m attempting to do in my life. Because I know it is SOLELY for me! I know that I have unconditional love from my husband and three little girls. But I want to be thinner! I am not hoping to be a size 2 or wear a bikini - I just want to feel healthier and have more energy. I know that I have been fortunate so far not to have any major health issues due to my weight. However, I am VERY overweight and have tried diets, exercise programs and have read many books. I want to be a good example for my girls on how to eat healthy and live an active lifestyle.

I am a Middle School teacher. I spend 3 hours of my day walking around our very LARGE building. I get 60+ minutes of walking in everyday! I don’t want to be winded walking up the stairs, I don’t want my feet to hurt, and I especially don’t want to feel self-conscious walking around the building.

I feel I am a fairly confident person once I get to know people. However, I am tired of being “the fat girl” in my group of girlfriends. I have a younger sister who is tall and thin. I am tired of being “the fat sister”. Every time my husband and I go out to a party, to a wedding or even just to dinner – I ALWAYS feel self conscious about my weight. I have a wonderful life – except for my weight. I know that WLS is not a quick fix. I know it will be tough and take a lot of work on my part. But I want to be healthy and I can’t do it on my own.

We all wish you the best of luck! You have made the decision and have the proper attitude now ll is left is to follow through!

Hello KP!! Welcome to VST - and especially welcome to the rest of your life! You have made a very wise decision. We all come from many different backgrounds, and our reasons to for coming up to the same conclusion are just as many. Whatever your reasons and motivators are, just never forget them! You will need them along the way, because majority will ask themselves "why did I do this"? It's good to try to have reminders here and there.

My moment didn't last too long, and now I'm so far past it I don't even remember how it felt to ask myself that question. I'm all about the sleeve and the wonderful life and power and freedom from over eating it has given me!!!

Hang out here, read up and ask many many questions. :) I'm glad to have you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches